Any Home Bakers Here?

Merry Christmas!!
I'm sorry I have not been on here lately!

I made brownies
PXL_20231226_183823215.PORTRAIT.jpg

I made my first bread ever! Well, technically dinner rolls 😅 This was a Texas Roadhouse copy cat recipe for their famous soft dinner rolls & it came out perfectly! I was worried at one point because my dough was not rising.... Turns out your house needs to be warmer than 62 degrees.... Got around it by turning oven on low and popping them in while it cooled down! I cant wait to try more bread recipes now that Im not scared of it, its so fun!

View attachment 3713633View attachment 3713635
Oh!!!!!! Those look so so beautiful and yummy!
If only I could eat one right now!!😔🤣

Good evening Bakers! All the baked goods loke delicious. I took a day off from the kitchen, everything we ate was leftover from a previous meal. Tomorrow I plan to bake more bread and cookies. Hubby is supposed to be slow smoking a pork shoulder for our supper. (dinner for all you northern folks) Our weather is supposed to be clear and in the high 50's. WE will see if they guessed correctly.
I am eating leftovers too. And the Weather here has been Springlike. NO SNOW

I made my first bread ever! Well, technically dinner rolls 😅 This was a Texas Roadhouse copy cat recipe for their famous soft dinner rolls & it came out perfectly! I was worried at one point because my dough was not rising.... Turns out your house needs to be warmer than 62 degrees.... Got around it by turning oven on low and popping them in while it cooled down! I cant wait to try more bread recipes now that Im not scared of it, its so fun!

View attachment 3713633View attachment 3713635
Wow! You did great for the first time!

For the past year I've been learning how to bake yeast breads here at home. It's been challenging and rewarding (when it all comes together right, lol).

Today for the 1st time I made up a Boule recipe and ran into a snag. Is there anyone here that's familiar with yeast breads? Since I'm here several times a day reading about chickens, it would be great to chat with others that also bake.
===================================================
Updated 07-18-21: To find all the great recipes posted in this thread, click on one of the links below to go to a Google spreadsheet (then use the links in the spreadsheet to locate each recipe):

Baker Thread Index

Bread, Rolls, Pizza bases, starters

Cookies and Bars

Dinners and Vegetables

Desserts

Snacks, Sweets

Misc and Everything Else

Hints, Tips and How-to's
LOVE!!! This is so great!

Back
Top Bottom