Any Home Bakers Here?

@jnicholes --- Are you related in some way to the Japanese?

You always seem to be cooking Japanese food.

You seem to do a great job making the food.

When I visited Japan while my daughter was stationed there.

The food was delicious.

My father served a church mission there. He was there for two years. My brother also went there for a little bit. We have strong ties with Japanese friends. That’s why I like making Japanese food.

It’s just good food in my opinion

Basic bechamel sauce is
3.5 tbs of butter
two tbs of flour
roughly 1 to 1.5 cups of warm milk
salt to taste

Melt butter and add flour. cook on medium heat until the roux smells nutty-- about 1 to two minutes.

Warm the milk and mix with the roux with a whisk. Bring to a boil to thicken. Add salt to taste.

You can add pan drippings to make gravy, a cheese mixture and elbow macaroni to make mac n cheese. You can also use Italian spices to use in place of ricotta cheese in a lasagna.

There are a lot of uses!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The sauce will not make you fat but over eating the delicious food that comes from it might.

Our relationship with food is very complex. Lard was considered bad for us but is now considered good for us.

Butter is a neutral oil; not good or bad and Margarine and vegetable shortening is bad for us.

Sadly, focusing on if food is good or bad for us sometimes leads to eating disorders.

Last edited:
I was not raised on Biscuits and Gravy, but first encountered at truck stop cafes.
Did some baking,,, Yes the biscuits are Pillsbury. The Gravy is courtesy of Libby's.
This stuff tastes mighty fine to me. :drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3759207

Heated up the gravy in microwave:frow
View attachment 3759208
In short time,,, out of oven:thumbsup
View attachment 3759209View attachment 3759210View attachment 3759211

Notes;
I have considered making my Biscuits from scratch. Just haven't got to it yet.

I have considered making the Sausage gravy from scratch. Again, same,, did not get to it yet.

Any others here that like Biscuits, and Gravy??? I recall McDonalds had it on their breakfast menu years ago. Have not seen it in recent times.
I just learned to make nice biscuits this week!

I learned when I was a kid.
I learned to make biscuits when I took a 4-H cooking class.

The school bus dropped me off to a house in a prune orchard...which was very familiar to me since I lived in a house on a prune orchard! On Thursdays for a one on one cooking session with the 4-H leader.

I was in the fifth grade then.

My father served a church mission there. He was there for two years. My brother also went there for a little bit. We have strong ties with Japanese friends. That’s why I like making Japanese food.

It’s just good food in my opinion
I have a Japanese friend and she taught me a lot about the cooking...and she taught me how to crochet. I made some neat pieces with her directions. SUPER.

Back
Top Bottom