Any Home Bakers Here?

Jared,

You were asking about attachments for your moms new kitchenaid and I have a suggestion: the ice cream bowl. It is great for making frozen yogurt, fruit ices, and ice cream.

I have the pasta maker. I have never been able to get the pasta maker/press to work, I think you need to have the pasta dough really soft for it to press the pasta out properly.
I have a pasta roller works beautifully with the kitchen aid though!

I have an older meat grinder/sausage stuffer kit from my first kitchenaid. It was starting to split along the seams so I bought a new one. The new grinder kits are really cheap and don't work very well, so I recommend that you avoid that accessory.

Baked a yeast raised coffee cake. Topped with fresh plums, and canned apricots. I have posted dough recipe in the past. So on top of my common made dough, I vary the toppings to create different cakes.
This is the canned apricots I used. I drained the SYRUP, and used as part of the liquid portion for my dough. The balance of liquid was milk.
The syrup is sweet,, so I reduced the amount of regular sugar I mixed into dough.
IMG_20240330_200216292.jpg

Prepared my streusel.
IMG_20240330_201118785.jpg

After a first rise,, I placed dough into parchment lined bread pans. Then I placed, and pushed the fruit into the soft dough.
IMG_20240330_195547965.jpg

Topped with streusel, and waited for second rise.
IMG_20240330_200000813.jpg

Out of oven after about 45 minutes. @ 350°F. Made sure they got a nice TAN, and internal temp showed baked. Thermometer probe came out dry.
IMG_20240330_211024689.jpg
IMG_20240330_211031068.jpg

Cross section
IMG_20240330_214521024.jpg

Yes. :yesss: Mity tasty:drool:drool:drool
IMG_20240330_214724953.jpg

Going to make lemon bars I signed up with a milk street
magazine this was one of their emails.
Luscious Lemon Bars
Ingredients
For the Crust
1¾ cup all-purpose flour, spooned into measuring cup and leveled-off
¼ cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup Confectioners' sugar, plus more to decorate finished bars
2 sticks (1 cup) cold unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces

For the Lemon Topping

6 large eggs
3 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest (be sure to zest the lemons before juicing)
⅔ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 5 to 6 lemons
⅔ cup all-purpose flour
Instructions
Make the Crust

Spray the foiled pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the flour, corn starch, salt and Confectioners' sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and mix for a few seconds. Add the butter and mix to blend until the mixture resembles coarse meal, 10 to 15 seconds. Sprinkle the mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly with your fingers into an even layer, building up a thin ¾-inch edge around the sides (this keeps the filling from spilling beneath the crust). Refrigerate for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 minutes.
Bake the crust until lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.

Make the Filling

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and flour. Be sure no lumps of flour remain.
When the crust is ready, give lemon mixture a quick final stir and then pour over top. Immediately return the pan to the oven and bake another 30 to 35 minutes, or until the topping is set and firm. Let the bars cool on a rack to room temperature; it will take several hours.
To cut, use the foil overhang to lift the baked square out of pan and onto a cutting board. Carefully loosen the foil from the edges of the crust, using a knife if necessary. Using a sharp knife, cut into squares or triangles. Use a fine sieve to dust the squares with Confectioners' sugar. Store the bars in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Serve chilled or room temperature.
Freezer-Friendly Instructions: The bars can be frozen for up to 3 months. After they are completely cooled, freeze the batch whole, covered tightly with aluminum foil or plastic freezer wrap. Before serving, remove them from the freezer and let them thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Cut the bars and then sprinkle with Confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Note: Be sure to use heavy-duty aluminum foil; regular aluminum foil may stick. Parchment paper can also be used to line the pan.

Baked a yeast raised coffee cake. Topped with fresh plums, and canned apricots. I have posted dough recipe in the past. So on top of my common made dough, I vary the toppings to create different cakes.
This is the canned apricots I used. I drained the SYRUP, and used as part of the liquid portion for my dough. The balance of liquid was milk.
The syrup is sweet,, so I reduced the amount of regular sugar I mixed into dough.
View attachment 3796987
Prepared my streusel.
View attachment 3796988
After a first rise,, I placed dough into parchment lined bread pans. Then I placed, and pushed the fruit into the soft dough.
View attachment 3796989
Topped with streusel, and waited for second rise.
View attachment 3796990
Out of oven after about 45 minutes. @ 350°F. Made sure they got a nice TAN, and internal temp showed baked. Thermometer probe came out dry.
View attachment 3796992View attachment 3796993
Cross section
View attachment 3796994
Yes. :yesss: Mity tasty:drool:drool:drool
View attachment 3796995
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom