Any one want to join me in waiting for eggs, posting and comparing notes?

I keep checking my coop, nothing so far. We had some wild turkeys come by today. They were right outside the chicken run! The girls keep going in and out of the coop, and when they do, I go over to check thinking, maybe it's time, but nothing yet. They are getting all red in the face. They look like little hens now. I was looking on my camera at all of the pictures since I got them about six weeks ago. They are definitely growing. Mine will be late bloomers, why not?

I have black austlorps, and barrel rock 20 weeks old, and still no eggs, keep threatening them with the stew pot, lol

i have 6 chickens that will be 22 weeks this weekend and this week I found an egg everyday for 3 days straight and on the 4th and 5th day.....NOTHING!! any clue why?

Pennie23, I have a Barred Rock that was 23 weeks when she laid her first egg so patience is the game. It's worth the wait. She has been laying for 3 weeks and missed 1 day. I have other birds, New Hampshires and one laid and then the next 2 weeks later and still waiting on the other two, same age came to me at the same time. Who knows?! I guess they say 6 months is about when they lay.

16 and 18 weeks I'm thinking we still have a few weeks left but still the excitement is there everyday when we check LOL This is our 4th batch and that thrill never goes away!

Good luck to everyone still waiting and YEY! to those who have started getting their 1st eggs!!!

I'm still keeping fingers crossed that all 5 are hens.
bow.gif

Weathers been awesome here in Port Angeles but calling for rain Wednesday, and Thursday. Been loading up on the silver fishing though! Love salmon!!!

Well back to work, just got off a week vacation and tons to catch up on ;)

Have a good day all!

I have been soooo patient with my girls. Three of the four are laying (i have no idea which three) and they have been laying for over a month or so. All the eggs are full sized now and come fairly regularly every day. The last chicken that started laying is still somewhat off schedule and she lays in odd places... but otherwise she is up to speed with the other girls.

My trouble starts with mysterious chicken number four.

One of my girls isnt laying! They are all the same age... about 6 months old. And as I mentioned the other girls have been laying for about a month and a half.

Have other people had their chickens start laying at such varied stages?

I have been soooo patient with my girls. Three of the four are laying (i have no idea which three) and they have been laying for over a month or so. All the eggs are full sized now and come fairly regularly every day. The last chicken that started laying is still somewhat off schedule and she lays in odd places... but otherwise she is up to speed with the other girls.

My trouble starts with mysterious chicken number four. 

One of my girls isnt laying! They are all the same age... about 6 months old. And as I mentioned the other girls have been laying for about a month and a half.

Have other people had their chickens start laying at such varied stages? 

I have 3 hens who have been laying for about 3 weeks and 5 that have given me nada... hoping it doesn't take them too much longer as they are around 23 weeks now. I do know who is and isn't laying but it seems like one of each of my different breeds is laying... so frustrating!

I have 3 hens who have been laying for about 3 weeks and 5 that have given me nada... hoping it doesn't take them too much longer as they are around 23 weeks now. I do know who is and isn't laying but it seems like one of each of my different breeds is laying... so frustrating!
I hear you.
I've learned patience is the key.. but it does become hard when they aren't cooperating.

I have only two breeds and three are laying and one isnt.. so it isnt breed specific in my case either. I guess some chickens just make you suffer ;)

And as long as she doesnt start looking like a he, i guess we are safe to bet that eggs will come... eventually...

Back
Top Bottom