Any RCers out there? (Remote Control/FPV)

I'm three blocks down wind from a park that has flyers most weekends. I've found two in my yard and a neighbor has found one. We go spread the word but I still have them. They are fun to watch.

Dabbled in it, but can't seem to stay interested. I get the urge to make some sawdust, build a plane then lose interest again. Sheesh!

Lookin4GoodLife: You may know me; My 'handle' on RCG is almost identical to the one I use here.
FlyWheel.jpg

It was only $40 bucks so, whatever. I can get another one. It rain yesterday with it in the tree so I'm pretty sure it's toast.

You'd be surprised. Water won't hurt the brushless motors. As long as you let the ESC dry completely out before you power it up, it'll probably be ok too. If you can get it down before it's be there so long things start corroding, it'll probably be ok. Yeah, I wouldn't risk life or limb for a $40 item, but I hate giving up on something like that. :)

Don't recognize that handle FlyWheel, but I hang out in mostly "old school" type threads over there. :) I'm JohnsPop on RCG. Did you guys see that show on Nat Geo the other night about drones? I think it was their show "Breakthrough" but I'm not sure. It was very cool.

Back when I was building (hope to get back to it soon) I built mostly out of foam and coroplast. I really want to build balsa planes and I've got several kits sitting here, but that's really a "commitment". With my limited schedule, I don't know. Maybe I'll open one up this winter. With the way I fly, coroplast is really a better option for me because it has more "bounce" capability. :D

I've tried many times over the years. I can build planes but could never get the hang of flying them before severe crashes. This hexcopter has helped a lot but I still got a lot to learn. I'm building a simple foam board seaplane trainer now that may be pretty forgiving. Things have changed a lot with electric motors and FCs too so that all helps.

This is my seaplane project.
20170521_180109.jpg

Back
Top Bottom