Anyone cross stitch?

I tried getting into it. I bought one that had the patterned printed on the material already for my first one. An x-friend had helped me start and used a wrong shade of brown. I should be able to fix it and be okay, but I havent tried it anymore. For some reason when the needle comes up thru the top it messes with my eyes. I would like to finish it for my mom and maybe try a regular counted one some time. I have all the time in the world to practice, but I always get busy with other things.

I received a gift certificate one christmas for a craft store, so I bought a pattern, thread and fabric to make an angel with the american flag. 4 years later it is still in the bag on the floor of the closet in my sewingroom. I just never seem to find the time to do crafts anymore.

I made about a dozen baby animal squares in cross stitch to put into a quilt. The squares are still in a pile waiting for something to be done with them.

I have a program where I can take any photo or drawing and turn it into a cross stitch pattern. I'd be happy to do some for whoever. I just need a good clean photo and what size project you want to work on (how big and what count). This program does NOT put any outlines on it so if you want those, you'll have to add them yourself. (or I'll charge you an arm and a leg if I have to sit and manually do them!) Just let me know if anyone is interested.

Oh, and it uses up to 200 colors and prints out the color list and amount needed of each color. I can limit the number of colors but the more colors used, the higher the quality of the finished piece. I can print out the pattern any size you want (I need it larger so I can see what I'm doing) and I print it on regular printer paper.

I recently scored a book called Elizabethan Cross Stitch and have done a couple designs out of it (after having had it checked out of my local library for literally months). Here's a couple:
ironwork1.jpg

strawberriesxmd.jpg

The strawberries pattern was originally for blackwork, and published in a 1598 sampler attributed to Jane Bostocke (while googling, I found this page on it. I am currently working on a band sampler:
bandsampwip.jpg

bandsampwip2.jpg

When I was a kid, Mom started me with plastic canvas needlepoint, and I graduated to cross stitching to a point that I remember drawing a pic on graph paper to make a design for my dad. I no longer have that pattern though
sad.png

Lovely samplers!

I think I might have to look thru my pictures and see if I find anything for that program of yours!!! It sounds amazing!

I originally wanted to find some antique scottish sampler patterns and stumbled upon the aforementioned series. I still want to try a few old-fashioned samplers too. I tend to burn thru projects quickly, and DH prefers anything that keeps me from reading since I ignore the universe if I'm in a good book... So, looks like I'll be creating a lot of home-decor in the near future!

I love that cutie in the hat. The cross stitch patterns are lovely. I'm presently working on a pice with humminbirds and hibiscus flowers on it. It's going to take me some time to do because of the size but it's pretty. My daughter had it on the floor of her sewing room and never got to it. It is a kit which I don't usually buy but everything was there. I like hummingbirds and we have a lot of them here in the high desert in CA. I'd like to find a pattern for a Masonic emblem to do for my husband who will be Master of his Lodge later this month. I haven't had time for doing any research into it though since this month is tied up in preparation for the installation and I've taken over the newslatter for the Lodge.

Just by taking the photo off here, I tried to run it through the software. Not so good. I would need the original emailed to me in full resolution. (what I was able to snag was only 96 x 96 dpi).

My email is [email protected] if you want to email it to me and I can run it and see how it does.

Back
Top Bottom