Anyone ready to ring in the new year...and lose weight/get fit?

Quote:
It's okay to have a small hot fudge sundae. You didn't have a extra-large hot fudge sundae or two. You ate a small one. Good for you! Glad it was fantastic - why bother eating food that's not fantastic?

angie... i think that is how i am starting. my portions were huge and i ate lots of carbs.. bread, pasta, fast food, i am more aware of what i am putting in my mouth.. since i am way over weight i have also been watching calories. it helps me to figure out normal portions. but very rarely do we eat the junk anymore. it is surprising how little a normal portion is.. well to me anyways. i am like you i lost 50 lbs before but i was obsessed with it almost to the point of anorexic. i was scared and eventually i went to putting the weight back on.. . it is hard to break the habit. it is my comfort. kids are grown and i am alone alot with hubby still working. so i am going back to my hobbies.. i forgot i loved to do stained glass and i also bought a sewing machine and ordered the cutest "CHICKEN' fabric. i am going to sew chicken aprons to sell here.. when i am busy i forget that i am hungry. but when sitting here in front of computer i am hungry all the time? mental lol
so i will continue to eat better and do more than sit here.. i only lost 1 lb this week but that is ok.. i broke down and we went to friendlys. the grandkids had the day off from school and we all went and of course i had a sundae. now back to the task of eating healthy.. i wish i could get over planning what to eat from the time i wake up in bed till lunch.. it seems to help if i plan and stick to it, but it is slowly driving me crazy cause it is the first thing that enters my mind. once i get really in the groove hopefully it will not be the first thing on my mind lol. come on sunshine and outside. i love it out there. with 3' of snow i am really "cooped" up inside. well good luck to next weeks weigh in and get healthy!!!! go peeps
2uge4p4.gif

Quote:
Just coming upto 4 weeks. it just gets boring eating same stuff day in day out. This is definetly a mind game. Staying positive & remembering what your goal is.

I go off trying new 'healthy' recipes and lots I enjoy extremely!

We even did lime shrimp tacos one night... it was AWESOME! I've done baked tilapia, and tilapia with pineapple & garlic. We had a stuffed baked tomato night... and seafood stuffed mushrooms... then their were mushroom burgers.... Open face sandwiches to break down on the amount of bread I ate. We've chicken over corn with lemon and cilantro. We had a micro sprout salad on tuna fillets one night that hubby was no fan of, but I really would like to that again. I've done a lot of different slaws & bean salads. Adding almond slices to things for crunch and protein kicks...

If it wasn't for my constant baking.... I'd probably have lost more weight. Dang Black Forest Brownies the other night through my whole week off!!!! (But I did have a chicken, egg and carrot salad for dinner to balance it out. lol )

I really need to start sharing my low fat low calories recipes with you guys.
smile.png

I need to sack my cook
roll.png

Oh I wish i'd of seen this thread back in january! I need to diet to! But almost all of you in the first few pages only have like 10 pounds to loose and I have a lot more then that! Grrrrrr my husband can eat anything and he is SkInNy really skinny.... so not fair!

Last edited:
sad.png
My sister has invited us round to her house this sat as its my mums birthday.

They are getting a chinse take away in. So i get to sit & watch them drink beer & tuck into the chinse meal.

Its a cruel world !!!!!!!!!

duramax check out my weight! then say i know i can do this if that old lady can.. now get in here and go for it!!!! I joined the local library and cked out a diabetic cookbook.. this looked great
CHINESE CHICKEN SALAD WITH ASIAN VINAGRETTE
2 cups cooked chicken
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 TBS peanut butter
1TBS grated fresh ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
2tsp lite soy sauce
2 tsp honey
1TBS sesame oil
1 bag of mixed greens
combine the chicken, green onions, carrots, mint and peanuts.
in a small bowl whisk vinegar, peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, honey and oil.
serve the chicken salad on a bed of greens and drizzle with dressing.
1 1/2 cups of greens, 1 cup of chicken mixture and 1 1/2 TBS dressing is 261 calories

THAI SHRIMP AND PASTA
1TBS sesame oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1lb of raw shrimp
1/3cup chicken broth
1/4 cup lime juice
1TBS soy sauce
1tsp light brown sugar
1tsp cornstarch
2 TBS chopped peanuts

In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil and garlic over medium heat add shrimp and stir fry for 3 min.
In a small bowl combine the chicken broth, lime juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Stir into the shrimp and cook 3-5 min more till shrimp are done. serve over thai pasta

THAI PASTA
8 oz angel hair pasta
2TBs lite soy sauce
1/4 c rice wine vinegar
2tsp sesame oil
1 bunch green onions
1 cup frozen peas
1 (8oz) can sliced water chestnuts
3 TBS chopped cilantro (optional)
cook pasta and drain. in a small bowl combine the soy sauce, vinegar and oil. toss with the pasta and the remaining ingredients mixing well.. top with peanuts. serving size 1 1/2 cups is 312 calories

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom