April 2010 Pullets- wanna wait with me?

Quote:
Quiet, secluded. Mine like to lounge under some pine trees that have branches that lay on the ground. No nests though--they are in the coop until they start laying!

4 out of 5 of my April 20th chicks are laying- Oddball layed her first egg today
002-2.jpg

top row is my 1 yr old hens eggs
second row is my pullets eggs- the little white one is oddball's first egg.
This is Oddball
026-1.jpg

She was supposed to be a black Copper Marans... LOL!

2nd day after laying, 2nd egg from my alpha. Here are both side by side, with #2 on the right. 44 g and 48 g respectively. Early April chicks, at about 23.5 weeks.

1017669367_c5GNH-L.jpg

woot.gif
ya.gif
I am so delighted to report !! Finallly our very first egg laid this afternoon in the yard by Coochie Mamma our most mature Easter Egger!!
ya.gif
woot.gif

- Signed "No longer an egg laying Virgin" aka Chic-Zebo Girl

62746_egg_006.jpg

Congratulations to all the first timers. I am still waiting but my RIR is acting strangely...going in the house, trying to roost in the garage during the day, noisy.... I think I am close.

Yahooo, we got our first egg
wee.gif
ya.gif
about time !!!
it was a small (expected)
big_smile.png

now I just need the other 4 Favoralles to start Laying.

60687_dscf8514.jpg

60687_dscf8515.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Congrats!!
yippiechickie.gif

My 3 Salmon Faverolles Large Fowl hatched 4/19 have not laid yet. Do you have Salmon Faverolles ? Large Fowl or Bantam? How old are yours?

Quote:
Congrats!!
yippiechickie.gif

My 3 Salmon Faverolles Large Fowl hatched 4/19 have not laid yet. Do you have Salmon Faverolles ? Large Fowl or Bantam? How old are yours?

I have 2 white, 2 blue, and 1 black. Large Fowl, and they are between 5 1/2 to 6 month old.

here is a picture from last month of them.
60687_dscf8520.jpg

60687_dscf8518.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom