April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

Hello i made a seperate thread on this but got no responses so I decided to post here:) I joined the hatch-along earlier this week and my chicks were due to hatch this Sunday or Monday but upon opening the incubator this evening to place them into lockdown wouldn’t you know it a NH chick had already externally pipped..we panicked and shut it immediately but then decided to open it again to detach the turner and take out the partition between that row of eggs and another row. The humidity is the same it’s always been..43-50 % (our hydrometers are crap so it’s pretty random) now I know that’s a bit low for hatching so should we risk opening the incubator again to add more humidity. If so how should I do that? I have a janoel 12 incubator and for that you just pour water in the bottom of the incubator and hope for the best :rolleyes: I’m sorry this is already so long but I’m worried that I just shrink wrapped this chick. Our hatch is quite staggered so this egg and another egg were supposed to hatch on Monday I believe. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated, I know I didn’t ask a particular question...stay safe everyone!

-FluffyBottomBantams
(Currently spazzing a bit) :gig

OK, so a little more info needed - how staggered is your hatch expected to be?

Last edited:
Lockdown Set, egg cam Rolling, one egg jiggling.

8DA65785-180D-4ACC-A542-C1E5237EC0EB.png

Back
Top Bottom