April 2020 Hatch-A-Long! All are welcome!

I just checked my Delaware’s that are at day 21 today. Two internal pips. Maybe I miscalculated and today is day 20. Either way I’m impressed because of the state they were in when they arrived.
I’m also going to start collecting more duck eggs for another hatch. I SAID these two would be my last for the year. Buuuut. Baby ducks haha.

Ive got a pip!!! Checked the eggs, saw nothing... locked the birds up and came back in to see a pip!

Attachments

• C5726256-BFE9-4928-BB07-D7431FAE1006.jpeg
    C5726256-BFE9-4928-BB07-D7431FAE1006.jpeg
    253.7 KB · Views: 4
Can anyone show me a picture of what an internal pip looks like. I just had 19 new chickies hatch :celebrate. But there were several left that were fully developed that didn't hatch. Just wondering if I didn't maybe lay them in the hatcher wrong. I also had 2 that pipped externally but then died before they could zip. This was my first time hatching in a few years and I'm feeling rusty.:(

I have 2 quail. Pretty disappointed with the breeder I got them from. I had 22 eggs, a lot were clears and I only see 1 other one getting ready to hatch. So only 3 quail 🤦🏼‍♀️ if that one hatches.

The Deathlayers are internally pipped, nothing external yet.

Deathlayers silver or golden?

Back
Top Bottom