Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 31 - 40 eggs

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 41 - 50 eggs

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • 51+

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
:welcome What kind of eggs did you set? Hatching is so much fun. It rapidly becomes an addiction!
We have white chickens some rodeisland reds lol and a tan one mixed with something hahaha I will have to post pictures we also baught 2 last week a black sex link and a golden sex link they are baby's I am very much hooked on doing this I Want to do more but unfortunately hubby said I need to wait lol he is going to add on to our coop hopefully this weekend

We have 8 or 9 this morning. It is hard to count them in the bator. They still aren't dry though, my humidity was high at 80 so I quickly removed a sponge. Hopefully my humidity will drop a little soon and they will dry. They should be dry before I move them to the brooder though right?

We also have several more pipped! Can't wait for the final count.

Here are my first 2! An OEGB and whatever that little blue thing is, a Sizzle, I'm guessing. I had to open the 'bator and add more water, so I took them out and put them in the brooder. My humidity was and has been holding steady at 67%, but the wells were all dry. Once they dry out it doesn't take my LG long to loose humidity, so I went ahead and put more in. Now its at 70% and I have LOTS of pips!

Here are my first 2! An OEGB and whatever that little blue thing is, a Sizzle, I'm guessing. I had to open the 'bator and add more water, so I took them out and put them in the brooder. My humidity was and has been holding steady at 67%, but the wells were all dry. Once they dry out it doesn't take my LG long to loose humidity, so I went ahead and put more in. Now its at 70% and I have LOTS of pips!
So cute.

Question: We have several chicks that hatched last night. They still look wet. Yesterday am I wet our 2 sponges ( they were dry) and the humidity is now 80. I removed one but left the other. Do I leave the wet chicks in the bator or can I move them to the warmed brooder to dry?

Question: We have several chicks that hatched last night. They still look wet. Yesterday am I wet our 2 sponges ( they were dry) and the humidity is now 80. I removed one but left the other. Do I leave the wet chicks in the bator or can I move them to the warmed brooder to dry?
Leave them in the incubator until they are dry

Leave them in; especially if you are still hatching.

Last minute joining, anyone else? Should hatch 4/30 on my daughter's 13th birthday. I set 10 eggs today from various hens with my golden cuckoo marans rooster, Rye. Homemade incubator, plus I have a broody hen that I may let take over some or all once I move her to a separate coop where I currently have Rye and his girls. She's a first time broody so I want to make sure she's as dedicated to her fake eggs once she's moved. My incubator has hatched out several batches, but I'd prefer to have a hen raise them once they hatch - so much easier!

Back
Top Bottom