August Hatch-A-Long

That is so sweet! I'm in Florida. Where are you? I hope I can do this rt and can hatch some...haha. I think maybe after a few days and all stays good I will relax some! I have had and raised all kinds of animals but never hatched eggs.

I had them shipped! Extra scary
1f601.png
sickbyc.gif
Me too. USPS delivered them 3 days late. I have almost no hope for mine.
th.gif

Well maybe some will still make it. I did something really stupid for my first time and ordered two different batches for the same hatch. Of course the one group got here a day early and its looking like the other might make it here tomorrow or saturday!! I really don't know what to do but just going to try my best with I guess a staggered hatch. I have a turner so I'm just not sure what you do when the one group makes day 18 and suppose to stop turning. I did read where they say on day 18 to take turner out and lay the eggs but even then I don't want to be getting in the bator to turn the others. So much fun I get myself into! lol

I'm new at this posting too...lol I replied from my cell phone and guess it didn't include who I was talking to!
LOL...welcome and don't worry! We have all been there...me not very long ago..LOL!! I have the WORST time dealing with posting from m cell
he.gif
I have never done a staggered hatch because I am totally paranoid about opening the bator during lockdown. But I have read about people doing it successfully! Welcome and good luck with your hatch
frow.gif

LOL...welcome and don't worry! We have all been there...me not very long ago..LOL!! I have the WORST time dealing with posting from m cell
he.gif
I have never done a staggered hatch because I am totally paranoid about opening the bator during lockdown. But I have read about people doing it successfully! Welcome and good luck with your hatch
frow.gif
Thank you! If the second bunch gets here tomorrow I won't worry so much. I just won't let them sit out for the full 24hr before putting them in the bator. I'm also trying the no turning for a couple days before I turn on the turner. I read where people have had much better success with shipped hatches not being turned for a couple days after in the bator. I don't know but I guess I have to start somewhere and learn.

Thank you! If the second bunch gets here tomorrow I won't worry so much. I just won't let them sit out for the full 24hr before putting them in the bator. I'm also trying the no turning for a couple days before I turn on the turner. I read where people have had much better success with shipped hatches not being turned for a couple days after in the bator. I don't know but I guess I have to start somewhere and learn.
I am doing the same thing, so I am curious to see how our hatch turns out! I put my shipped eggs in the bator on sunday and was given the advise to leave them big end up and turn them just a bit...not a full 180...so the developing chick doesn't stick to the side...for the first 5 days to help with loose air cells. First time I have used shipped eggs, so going from the advice of a very experienced person
smile.png

I have 15 silkies and 19 mixed breed chicken eggs in my incubator on day 14. I am having a hard time waiting until tomorrow to candle them again. Candled at day 5 and all looked good but there were 3 silkie and 2 mix eggs that didn't have anything showing. I didn't remove them because I know that it may not mean anything that nothing was showing that early. I wish I had candled them on day 10 but time slipped by me and suddenly it was day 11 and I can't candle until tomorrow!

I am using a Little Giant with a fan and an egg turner and humidity, well, I was trying to do a dry hatch but it got down to 19% and it scared me so I have been adding a wet sponge and trying to keep it up at around 40%. It has been hard and it has been lower and higher but hopefully they are developing nicely.

I am doing the same thing, so I am curious to see how our hatch turns out! I put my shipped eggs in the bator on sunday and was given the advise to leave them big end up and turn them just a bit...not a full 180...so the developing chick doesn't stick to the side...for the first 5 days to help with loose air cells. First time I have used shipped eggs, so going from the advice of a very experienced person
smile.png
That is what I read. I hope it works and maybe my day or two different batches will make it. What is your humidity at? I have read so many different numbers that I'm not sure where it should be...mine might be a little low, its at 41% and temp staying rt at 100...its a still air and I know they say to keep still air at 101 or 102 but its not a digital thermostat so I hate to mess with the knob for one degree...unless it fluctuates down. So far it hasn't changed temps. I'm sure open to anyones suggestions :)

Back
Top Bottom