August Hatch-A-Long

Best breed in the world, Black Penedesenca. IMHO

I have 6 chicks from the flocks that were all killed. All the eggs in now and those that will be set are from a single flock and a single rooster. Makes it tough to work on genetic diversity when you lose 11 roosters.
Good luck with your hatch. I personally find it harder when I lose a rooster because I keep so few compared to hens.

Sorry about the lost egg
sad.png
sometimes I am just amazed that eggs even can survive the trip with the way some of the packages are handled.
Thanks and AGREED! With shipped eggs it is always a risk you have to expect! My eggs were packaged VERY well and still one broke
hmm.png
But 5 more to focus on now! I feel like my hatch is so puny compared to everyone else...LOL

I'm setting a batch of silkie eggs early next week, as soon as my July hatch is done (due monday) I had 1/5 make it to lock down, for the silkie eggs, but I have a number of barnyard mixes in the bator too. I'll have 4 Black Australorps as well in my Aug hatch, I'm pushing it into the winter, but unless I buy a silkie roo, this is my last chance to get pure white silkies, though some may already have been fertilized by my EE boys

Back
Top Bottom