August Hatch-A-Long

Also 3 days ago we hatched 12 guineas under a broody, 1 royal purple, 2 lavender, 1 coral blue and 8 pearl, all from our 4 pearl adults before they dissapeared

Last edited:
I haven't seen any wiggling or heard any peeps & tomorrow is day 21. I was told my hatch might be delayed a day cuz of the power outage. But should i be seeing some wiggling by now? Would I mess up the chance of hatching if I candled again?

I would wait till tomorrow... I bet they are almost ready : )

Quick question! I am moving this weekend. Friday is lockdown for me....will they be ok on the ride over? I plan to leave them in their cartons inside the incubator like I have them now but will the bouncing around in the car harm them in any way? I can move them there Thursday if that would make any difference....

Can you tell I'm a hatching NOOB????:barnie
Yikes! Can you ask this question in the hatching forum? I would put my bator in a much larger box well surrounded by Styrofoam chunks or packing peanuts (?). I don't know if it would work, but that would help absorb the shock & jolt the eggs less. Also, would your bator hold a high enough humidity during the car ride? Seems like it would be more manageable on Thursday as the eggs are still supposed to be getting turned that day so the jostling car ride should have less impact on them & the humidity level is lower before lockdown...this is all speculation as I am a hatching noob, too. I really hope it works out for you & your eggs!

I'm excited, have 27 of 30 eggs left. Day 11 and it's my first time ever using an incubater! These are our mixed breed chicken eggs!
Looks like a tray full of fun! :)

Back
Top Bottom