August Hatch-A-Long

OMG!!!! I just went and looked in bator and heard peeping!!! No signs yet but from what I read it has broke through air sac and should start to pip by tomorrow! I'm going nuts
love.gif
wee.gif
It was sooooo cute to hear
jumpy.gif
I hope its not too early tomorrow is only day 20
hmm.png

OMG!!!! I just went and looked in bator and heard peeping!!! No signs yet but from what I read it has broke through air sac and should start to pip by tomorrow! I'm going nuts
love.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
hmm.png
So exciting!!! I can't wait to see photos of your little fluffy chicks!

Things have been crazy here. Between my dad's birthday yesterday and the random appearance of a stray dog in my yard today, I had completely forgotten about my eggs. Yikes. Looks like another day 19 lockdown for me. It's not the end of the world. I'll candle when it gets dark out and then move my eggs from the turner to their special cartons. I may even see an internal pip or two when I candle.

So exciting!!! I can't wait to see photos of your little fluffy chicks!

Things have been crazy here. Between my dad's birthday yesterday and the random appearance of a stray dog in my yard today, I had completely forgotten about my eggs. Yikes. Looks like another day 19 lockdown for me. It's not the end of the world. I'll candle when it gets dark out and then move my eggs from the turner to their special cartons. I may even see an internal pip or two when I candle.
Good Luck!!

Mine is the 30th too! Good luck to us all! I'm doing dry incubation and without adding water my incubator was at 65% yesterday. Very humid here!

I am doing dry incubation as well. It's not very humid here so will have to add water during lockdown. I dont add any unless it goes belows 30% We have been 30-35%

Ok 'gang', I cheated again and candled all my eggs today. ( I have named them A-I, 9 eggs total ) the only one I am having any trouble seeing a circulatory systems in is F. 'Poor' little F! Maybe he/she will catch up soon or is just hiding from me (?)
I bumped the bleepin' carton, thus giving myself another bout of arrhythmia...just praying I didn't kill anyone!
If I had to put the bump on a scale of one to ten it was probably a three, so would like to think they'll be ok. Time will tell.
Man, this not counting your chicks before they hatch stuff is HARD!
They made me 'proud' today by keeping me in this thread, I'll tell you that!
Hurry UP August 23rd, this is worse than being 12 and it's December 14th!!!
fl.gif

All right, til next time...

Last edited:
Left for work this morning with zero pips. Came back 11 hours later to find, by my best count, 28 quail chicks and more on the way. Looks like none of the largest eggs have hatched so maybe they take a little longer?

love.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
hmm.png

I am so excited for you...hope to hear the same thing you did!
Hang in there, you are coming around the home stretch!
clap.gif

Left for work this morning with zero pips. Came back 11 hours later to find, by my best count, 28 quail chicks and more on the way. Looks like none of the largest eggs have hatched so maybe they take a little longer?

What an excellent present after a hard days work.
Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom