August Hatch-A-Long

I had 4 clear and 8 quitters. There are 11 still in the bator. I'll be happy if 6 will hatch.
Awww...so sorry
hugs.gif
But still 11 to look after so hopefully they will be successful..good luck! keep us updated!

Thanks and AGREED! With shipped eggs it is always a risk you have to expect! My eggs were packaged VERY well and still one broke:/  But 5 more to focus on now! I feel like my hatch is so puny compared to everyone else...LOL

I know, its even worse than normal round here as to be enviromentally friendly the postman (mailman) gets dropped off with a shopping trolley full of parcels which gets dragged round as he drops off items. All 18 of my mailed duck eggs had detached air cells :-(.

No it was raining and I discovered if I shone the flashlight at just the right angle through the lid when the light was off I could check the aircell.... Consequently every hour I have had a quick peek!! So waiting is torture, not helped by having a late quitter the day of lockdown which makes me nervous!

Goodluck with your ducks calichicken and stargazer and the silkies boyswillbeboys amd bantams mermaid909

I know, its even worse than normal round here as to be enviromentally friendly the postman (mailman) gets dropped off with a shopping trolley full of parcels which gets dragged round as he drops off items. All 18 of my mailed duck eggs had detached air cells :-(.

No it was raining and I discovered if I shone the flashlight at just the right angle through the lid when the light was off I could check the aircell.... Consequently every hour I have had a quick peek!! So waiting is torture, not helped by having a late quitter the day of lockdown which makes me nervous!

Goodluck with your ducks calichicken and stargazer and the silkies boyswillbeboys amd bantams mermaid909
Did you let your eggs settle for a day before you put them in the bator? Also, how has your luck been with hatching eggs that came with detached air cells?

Yes I always do, I find the smaller the egg the better success with air cells reattaching or arriving intact through our particularly rough postage. (Only based on my hatches with buttons and coturnix, I find that the coturnix quail tend to have more detached cells than the buttons despite dealing with same awful posting and the 18 ducks all had detached cells which didnt reattach for this hatch which was a first). Hatch rates have suffered and I have always had a few assisted from malpositions each hatch, but I havent hatched chicks or ducks before so not sure!

Yes I always do, I find the smaller the egg the better success with air cells reattaching or arriving intact through our particularly rough postage. (Only based on my hatches with buttons and coturnix, I find that the coturnix quail tend to have more detached cells than the buttons despite dealing with same awful posting and the 18 ducks all had detached cells which didnt reattach for this hatch which was a first). Hatch rates have suffered and I have always had a few assisted from malpositions each hatch, but I havent hatched chicks or ducks before so not sure!
Well, that gives me some hope as far as success with smaller eggs and attaching because I have Bantam eggs, so they are small
smile.png
I am really hoping my broody bantam cochin will be able to hatch and mother some little ones!!!

I set 40-something quail eggs for my French neighbour, expected 3th of August. I cannot see anything while candling, so I just wait and see.I just cannot believ howe small those eggs are!

I have two more broodies due on the 13th of August! They went broody together(on the same day, not in the same nest...!
idunno.gif

#1 has 11 eggs
#2 has 12 eggs!
Cant wait for them to hatch...

Back
Top Bottom