August Hatch-A-Long

Ten Silkie shipped eggs in the incubator now, due to hatch August 1, I wanna join the club! :)
YAY!!!! welcome....silkies are so cute
love.gif

front hen is my girl Peep who is broody and the one I am giving Bantam Cochin eggs,,,in the back is Chirp...such a sweet girl
love.gif
Good luck with your hatch!

Yep..those eggs are TINY!! I have never had any luck candling my quail eggs either:idunno

I dont think you can see the same level of detail, but even the button quail you can make out moving with a bright eenough light-my hubbys torch app on his phone is awesome so I use that for fiddly quail! Still nothing, im going insane waiting, keep saying its only day 27 to myself over and over but I have never felt so impatient over the quail! Come on chickies and duckies!

I dont think you can see the same level of detail, but even the button quail you can make out moving with a bright eenough light-my hubbys torch app on his phone is awesome so I use that for fiddly quail! Still nothing, im going insane waiting, keep saying its only day 27 to myself over and over but I have never felt so impatient over the quail! Come on chickies and duckies!
Waiting is sooooo hard
he.gif
what type of eggs do you have in your bator?

2 pips! One khaki cambell duck and my mstery chick! Other eggs in there are magpie ducklings and 3 other mystery chicks and more khakis. My mystery chicks are from a flock of about 30 all freerange with almost every chicken known from light sussex, rhode island, polish, silkies, buffs pekin bantams of various types branhma etc so could be anything!

Page 2 I posted picture of mystery eggs, its the pale brown one thats pipped so bets now as to what it is!

2 pips! One khaki cambell duck and my mstery chick! Other eggs in there are magpie ducklings and 3 other mystery chicks and more khakis. My mystery chicks are from a flock of about 30 all freerange with almost every chicken known from light sussex, rhode island, polish, silkies, buffs pekin bantams of various types branhma etc so could be anything!
yay for you, I thought i had 2 internal pips, but now I think it was only one, because one is out, and I turned off the ligth to re-candle air cells, and there was no internal pip in the second egg. now I'm sitting on my hands hoping that this tiny little silkie will have more company her age, today is day 21, so it's not to late for mine. My last batch of chicks are nearing the 4 week mark

yay for you, I thought i had 2 internal pips, but now I think it was only one, because one is out, and I turned off the ligth to re-candle air cells, and there was no internal pip in the second egg. now I'm sitting on my hands hoping that this tiny little silkie will have more company her age, today is day 21, so it's not to late for mine. My last batch of chicks are nearing the 4 week mark

latest one I ever had hatch was a quail 5 days past due date (day 23 instead of 18) which survived and did fine, yours are still on time you just had the early one!

Tomorrow...tomorrow...tomorrow! I cant wait for tomorrow as my broody has got 14 eggs due and when I candled them earlier on (day 16) everything was still fine! Cant wait YAY!!!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom