Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Beautiful bubs cwrite! Had a day with the camera and the littlies: 5 Days old: I have my suspicions on these two; please, please, do not let the little grey one be a rooster! :fl 3 Weeks and 6 Days old: 3 Weeks and 5 Days old:
1&2 pic look like it could be a girl. Thin legs and less up right stance. Fingers crossed.
Teila your frizzles are so pretty! :love They seem to be skipping the awkward feathering out stage & making it look good instead. Sam, actually I'm pretty sure she didn't ask me at all. :/
Heheh too funny.

I only had 2 pages to read through this morning. You guys must have slept! LOL! Those pics of the frizzles makes me want one! Maybe springtime here I will get a couple. Do they require extra care?

That's awesome! And I can't believe how white your goats are. They look freshly shampood.

Now if only there was some correlation between my chicken math & noise level! (Do not understand!!!!!!!)

@Jellyballoo I'll probably be there about 10:30 so if I see any silkies I could let you know. How careful you need to be also depends on your current birds as well. My original flock were vaccinated for Mareks, but the chicks are not so that changes the risk factor a bit.
They are white because they are well feed, happy and a cheap camera.

Hi all. Nice to see you all here! I'm from Tasmania,and have mainly Silkies and Game birds,plus some Beautiful Runner Ducks(thanks Ducky!!). Am a proud Mum tonight,my first Malay game that I bred hatched today,here's a photo(don't all proud Mums show photos?)
54191_dscf0638.jpg

's the first three,there are more to come.

Welcome all! Look forward to getting to know you all! /img/smilies/frow.gif

Wow, what a great photo!!

I arrived home from the little poultry market to find that my daughter had collected the eggs & gone on to deflower all my nasturtiums. She claims she asked me while I was on the treadmill. :rolleyes: :lau And the baby of the hatch is coming along nicely. It's amazing what a difference a few days makes.
Another wonderful photo!! Is that sand you use in your chciken area! Or is there something else mixed in?
The eggs on top are from our flock, the chocolate & cream colored ones are from jumbo quail, next to them are blue & pinkish hue colored eggs from wild doves, really pigeons, I like the sound of wild doves.. Then finally a duck egg.. Farm fresh free range eggs from the heart of a city.. Our flock seriously are city chickens. We live by A.S.U. When the games are in season the fireworks are loud plus the sirens from the fire department wake them up all night, I'm sure.. Plus all of the airplane passing above..

I only had 2 pages to read through this morning.  You guys must have slept!  LOL!  Those pics of the frizzles makes me want one!  Maybe springtime here I will get a couple.  Do they require extra care? 

No but they are funny on wet days. In humans the humidity on rainy days sends your hair frizzy, in frizzles it sends them straight :)
Oh and if you check out the worst molt threads they as so bad they had to give them their own category to make it fair to everyone else lol. Haven't seen that yet though, worst we got last year was Al became a showgirl for a while ;)

@City farm that's an amazing egg basket!

@wooklet your babies are adorable!

Last edited:
Just got back from the poultry day
Not as much there as I thought there might be
There were a couple of silkies and loads of frizzles aswell as some cute little bantams that caught my hubbys attention, I couldn't remember the name of them but he loved the roosters and was trying to tell me that they didnt crow so loud so maybe we could get away with getting one :rolleyes:

:lau Hubby the enabler. I find bantam roos are louder than large roos a lot of the time. Never get a Belgian duccle roo or a oeg roo if you live in the city. They are super loud.

Back
Top Bottom