Australians - Where are you all????

lol.png
sorry i am not sure i have ever heard of lemon ants !!

hmmm lemon ants
hmm.png
i can't say I've heard of them either, I've heard of Honey ants and fire ants green ants but not lemon ants. Honey ants taste like honey they have a really big bum lol which is full of a honey like substance.(i've put a link to a pic of a honey ant below) They must be bush tucker(food) I know that if you go on an outback tour of Australia they get you to taste all the things that the Aboriginals eat (living off the land) but in the suburbs we eat normal food, Australia has a wide variety of foods here because of all the different nationalitys of people who live here, There is greek food, italian food,chinese food japanese food ,malaysian food and indian just to name a few.

We even eat our National Emblems(not all of us) the kangaroo and the Emu. I've never tried roo meat or emu and I never plan too. You can buy Kangaroo meat at the supermarket, don't know about emu meat. I said to my hubby next thing you know we'll be eating Koala lol we eat our other wildlife lol
lau.gif

Bush tucker is food from off the land in the outback of australia, alot of people from overseas think we have Kangaroos jumping through the citys and suburbs but this isn't true, The kangaroos are everywhere in australia but mostly out in the farm lands and outback, I have a friend who moved over to Australia from Holland about a year ago and she still hasn't see a kangaroo. We live on the coast and there isn't many along the coast but you don't have to go far inland to find one.

http://images.google.com.au/imgres?...=96&prev=/images?q=honey+ants&hl=en&sa=X&um=1

I googled Lemon ants and they are from the Amazon Not Australia no wonder we haven't heard of them

Last edited:
I'm not Aussie but British...Hello to all commonwealth Brother and sisters...

I laughed that you had not eaten either Emu or Kangaroo..I have eaten both in England, how bizzarre is that!!

Welcome...and the kettle is always on here...

lol.png
Hello to Redtailross and Kezabel !! how funny that you have eaten both in the UK
lol.png
I have tried Crocodile ( which is like chicken- surprisingly) and we recently bought kangaroo steak at the supermarket which was great on the bbq! When my british sister in law visits us i am going to cook her some Australian emblems!! - Sorry Kezabel
sad.png
i know you dont approve! All have a lovely weekend with your chickens, i hope yours are entertaining as mine
smile.png

The kettle is always on here too!! Endless cups of tea are always available in our crazy household!
Have fun

Juanita (Bantamenance)
lol.png

omg u guys r hilarious seriously those honey ants r crazy! lemon ants dude what a bummer! they r from the amazon? wow i am such a moron
th.gif
and KANGAROOS? that is crazy the closest we get is deer (venison) some people here eat squirrels... i think they r crazy my dad hates them cuzz they eat everything we like! i live on a larger property with a small house smaller than any1 elses but cozy, we grow our own fruits and veggies with 10 apple trees blackberry bushes and tae berries (not sure how u spell it sounds like tayyy berries tho...
idunno.gif
) we also have a garden with lettuce pumpkins zuchinni cuccumner ect. chickens and bat houses and bee houses for mason bees are just our way of saying thank u mother earth i luv it
love.gif
clap.gif
i luv australia and everything about it but like here in the US we dont have our own culture really we r everything and every1 we refer to food by what culture its from or we eat subway mcdonalds and taco time or even take out teryaki sometimes... it really boring here everything is so laidback and weird sometimes... idk its not as exciting as australia im sure! i seriously want to try honey ants tho

I've eaten Emu and Kangaroo.
big_smile.png

We had emu when we were visiting my Mum in Victoria ( she lives in the Grampains area ) It reminded me a bit of an ostrich burger. Not bad at all and my kids liked it.

The last time we were in QLD visting my Grandfather we had Kangaroo steaks. They had them at the supermarket on Bribie Island. Not bad but a little on the tough side. We had them on the barbie and might have cooked them a little too long. I'd eat them again if we found a bit better way to cook them.

Never had croc though.

big_smile.png
chicken :

hey that is so cool u got eggs! my chicks r to young one of them is on my lap right now she is a very sweet buff orpington and seriously do they have better food in australia than outback stakehouse cuz thats the closest most people get to australian here! lol we should try some real food and my teacher went to australia and she said lemon ants r really good but i have never tried them is it true they taste like lemons?
love hearing from u all!
celebrate.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
welcome-byc.gif
woot.gif

I'm from Australia, and no lemon Ants.. too busy looking out for them Drop Bears.

Seriously, I live in the SUBURBS of South Australia and got attacked by a drop bear on my way to Uni.

Must have forgotten the vegemite behind the ears that day
sad.png
Had it on my toast though​

Quote:
I'm from Australia, and no lemon Ants.. too busy looking out for them Drop Bears.

Seriously, I live in the SUBURBS of South Australia and got attacked by a drop bear on my way to Uni.

Must have forgotten the vegemite behind the ears that day
sad.png
Had it on my toast though

what is a drop bear? and that is really neat that u live there i live in boring rainy washington in the US! and what the heck is veggimite is that some australian proverb "vegemite behing the ears" i am so clueless... anyways wuzup people?

Back
Top Bottom