Australians - Where are you all????

Good old vegemite
lol.png
I love the stuff. Its a sandwich spread high in vitamin B. Tastes great on toast and you can even put it in recipes - like stews. As for the drop bear???? I have no idea.
hmm.png
Could mean koala lol
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
lau.gif
I looked up drop bear and its a fictional Australia marsupial lol
If you look up drop bear there are whole sites about them.

Here's a funny one - A bundaberg Rum Ad. This bear is very famous in Australia lol

omg that is so hilarious!
lau.gif
i have never heard of that stuff and drop bears seem very interesting im glad u looked it up! i still dont get why you would put it behind your ears though vitamin b is good for your skin...
big_smile.png

big_smile.png
chicken :

Quote:
I'm from Australia, and no lemon Ants.. too busy looking out for them Drop Bears.

Seriously, I live in the SUBURBS of South Australia and got attacked by a drop bear on my way to Uni.

Must have forgotten the vegemite behind the ears that day
sad.png
Had it on my toast though

what is a drop bear? and that is really neat that u live there i live in boring rainy washington in the US! and what the heck is veggimite is that some australian proverb "vegemite behing the ears" i am so clueless... anyways wuzup people?​

drop bears are the Koalas mean cousins. you gotta watch out for them or they drop from the trees and attack you.
They dont like vegemite though. Hence you put it behind your ears as a deterrent

Hi Everyone!
frow.gif

wow that is really neat!
cool.png
and vegemite would seem to make sense in that case
yippiechickie.gif
sorry im so out of touch with australian lingo
hmm.png
i just find it really cool and thank u pixie74943 for telling me this stuff!
big_smile.png
are drop bears cute like koalas?
idunno.gif
and thank u anyone who has posted on this topic and enlightened me as i am obviously very enlightenable (wether thats a word i dunno)
old.gif
and feel free to send me a message or help me out with a dilemma i posted about concerning the gender of some of my dear chicks which u find more pics. of on my page
smile.png
:rantif u want to help i would appreciate it soooo thank u all!
bun.gif

Hello.
I am down south in Hobart. Moved here from Scotland with the wife (a Hobartion) seven years ago. Got a veg patch and the next move was the chickens. Great fun - only had them since Monday and have a lot to learn!

big_smile.png
Hello Haggis! Welcome to the world of chickens! We are in Launceston and got our chickens in march as little chicks so we are still waiting for eggs
sad.png
Everyone keeps saying it is because we dont get alot of light during our winter (in comparison to the mainland) We have 1 australorp and 3 wyandottes. How are you liking Tassie? It is quite a nice pace to life we find. Enjoy your new chickens, i hope they settle in well.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom