Australians - Where are you all????

Hi to everyone, I'm pretty new to this site and was wondering how many australians are among the members.
caf.gif

I am really enjoying this site and come back at least 3 times a day for a read and to get advice. Thanks to everyone who has answered my questions.
hugs.gif

So where are all the Aussies??? Holla Back Aussies with where in this great big land you live.
frow.gif

Me, I'm From NSW a Suburb called Charmhaven Its on the Central Coast of NSW about an hours drive north of sydney.
bun.gif
Hi I we to this site and am loving it too. I’m from a small town in central Victoria called Mia Mia.

Hello everyone, I’m in Melbourne and am very new to chickens have only had them 3 weeks. I have 2 Isla browns and both got sick on the 3rd day but seem to be okay now after a course of antibiotics. We got eggs the first2 days but none since and they seem to have started moulting.
Nice to meet you all and look forward to chatting
Cheers Mandy

Gidday Cobbers - I am an Australian American living in Melbourne Australia - can you figure that out? Anyway - I have a question about pullets and when they first lay. It is said they generally start about 24 weeks but in my limited experience it is clearly not as simple as that. There seem to be other factors - breed and day length? I have some new Buff Orpingtons hatched in spring last year. Its now autumn (the fall - although gum trees don't fall they shed all year round, especially in the heat) and they still haven't started to lay (are now more than 7 months old, i.e. about 30 weeks). The days are getting shorter - and shorter. I suspect they may not start at all until spring this year, in about August perhaps. What do you think? Does anyone else have experience with this? thanks - Jeff

Just like to say Hello to every one in Australia, As it is good to be able to talk to some one, As i come from capalaba in Brisbane.
Can some one tell me if i am doing the right thing in feeding my hen, as i feed them 2 a day, and i cut up all the veg`s for them
IMG_0605.JPG

Hey Aussies,

I'm looking for 2-3 hens around 25-40 weeks old, any hens around Templestowe in a 20km radius. Around the 15-25 dollar price range.

Send me a DM if you're a breeder or just have hens.

Thanks!

Hi fellow Aussies,
I just wanted to introduce myself here. I'm in Canberra and incubated/hatched 5 purebred chicks in September 2018, supplemented with 4 local day-olds. And every single one of them turned out to be a girl!!!! One died in an accident, so I now I have 8 pullets - 3 barnevelders, 3 mottled d'Uccles, 1 bantam light sussex and 1 bantam partridge rock. They have lovely personalities and I'm looking forward to getting my first eggs in the next month or two.
Cheers,
Jen

Back
Top Bottom