AYAM CEMANI - Pure Black chicken, inside and out!

Buyer beware....can't do much about it if you don't get exactly what you expect....they might end up being "the wild strain" that I ended up with...I sure hope not! I was so excited about them...getting myself a treat....something that I would never have spent that much money on normally....and they ended up being some sort of hybrid....pretty boys...but only one really looks like it might be pure AC. Good luck! Post some pics of them when they hatch if you would. I'd like to see them!

Feather Lover Farms is actually legitimate. I bought from them (unfortunately the chicks died on their way, not their fault) and the chicks were gorgeous - they even had black mouths. I'm still sad they didn't make it alive.

Feather Lover Farms is actually legitimate. I bought from them (unfortunately the chicks died on their way, not their fault) and the chicks were gorgeous - they even had black mouths. I'm still sad they didn't make it alive.
I got my eggs on eBay. Put them under a proven broody hen....I call her Momma Bird...she hatched out all five eggs...and took great care of them...so the eggs were great...it's just that they weren't pure breed....don't know if the seller knew that they weren't pure breed....or if he didn't realize that sperm from one rooster can remain viable for 9 or more days....even if the hen doesn't have contact with him...so you can take a hen out of a pen with one rooster and if you don't wait for at least 10 days to collect the eggs....you're likely to end up with chicks that aren't from the Rooster she is with....they're from the Rooster before....they're healthy....but not what I expected...and played for...like I said...live and learn.

I got my eggs on eBay. Put them under a proven broody hen....I call her Momma Bird...she hatched out all five eggs...and took great care of them...so the eggs were great...it's just that they weren't pure breed....don't know if the seller knew that they weren't pure breed....or if he didn't realize that sperm from one rooster can remain viable for 9 or more days....even if the hen doesn't have contact with him...so you can take a hen out of a pen with one rooster and if you don't wait for at least 10 days to collect the eggs....you're likely to end up with chicks that aren't from the Rooster she is with....they're from the Rooster before....they're healthy....but not what I expected...and played for...like I said...live and learn.
I'm sorry to hear about your lost chicks....I know I was very excited about receiving the eggs....so it must have been horrible to get those pretty little black chicks....and they are dead....bummer.

Thanks :hugs If you bought from who I suspect, and I'm pretty sure you did because they use the 'wild strain' line on all their egg customers who question them, the seller knowingly sent you mixed breed eggs and they're a scammer. Sorry you had that experience :(

Thanks :hugs If you bought from who I suspect, and I'm pretty sure you did because they use the 'wild strain' line on all their egg customers who question them, the seller knowingly sent you mixed breed eggs and they're a scammer. Sorry you had that experience :(
Yup! That's the one! Thanks you for saying so. I figured that's what they were doing...the part that got me is that they passed them off as Wild Strain...how stupid do they think people are....oops! I must be I ordered from them! Won't make that mistake again.

Let's see now...the cockatiel I call "Patches" looks like it might be a sulmuter..or if he gets a beard and muffs...he'd look like a Salmon Faverale...i think he's got feathered legs...i don't know how to spell it...it looks like one anyway....the Twins look like Black and white Isbars...sort of...I end up with One Black cockrel...with what appears to be the proper coloring....but the pullet that I'd hoped was a real AC...is starting to look like a Silkie cross....she's even trying to go broody on me....the the last one that I figured could be a nice little Black hen of some sort...has turned into a male with a nice red comb...Patch might not be one of the five eggs I paid so much for....well at least they hatched....but I was suspicious after I found out that they hadn't gotten into selling their "Strain" of ACs until 2014...and after a bit of study...I read that ACs aren't great egg producers...so where were they getting eggs enough to fill all the orders? Well from two different pens...the eggs were similar...but two were a bit smaller than the ones marked as from another pen...those must have been the colorful trio of young Roos I ended up with....don't know what I am going to do with them yet...but they might end up in the freezer....they are pretty. I'll try to get some good pictures of them just to show what people might get if they order from that particular person. It's to bad that people do that...I did notice that they had a paragraph in their advertisement...description...what ever you want to call it...that they only wished to here if the eggs survived in good condition...they weren't interested in how they hatched out and what the chicks looked like....that right there should have been a warning...if they were legit I'd think they would be happy to here about the hatch....I would! That would have been great advertising. Now I know what they were up to. They don't want to hear about the "Chickmunk" chicks...don't want people reading about that! Thanks again. Poppster

Hey all I am new here and thought I'd share some of my photos and my thoughts. I agree that there are tons of Cemani scams unfortunately because I fell victim to a few of them, especially from eggs on ebay. I agree with Pyxis, Feather Lover Farms is legit and a great company to buy from. They promise only top quality chicks and that's exactly what they sent me. They are very good communicating and I will buy from them again this year.

Here's some of my Ayam Cemani. Let me know what you think.

I bred allot and culled hard and kept only the best of the best and repeated. That's what I have been doing and I'm getting some great results with this strategy.
I also am offering some of my Cemani eggs and chicks for sale.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank you

Hey all I am new here and thought I'd share some of my photos and my thoughts. I agree that there are tons of Cemani scams unfortunately because I fell victim to a few of them, especially from eggs on ebay. I agree with Pyxis, Feather Lover Farms is legit and a great company to buy from. They promise only top quality chicks and that's exactly what they sent me. They are very good communicating and I will buy from them again this year.

Here's some of my Ayam Cemani. Let me know what you think.

I bred allot and culled hard and kept only the best of the best and repeated. That's what I have been doing and I'm getting some great results with this strategy.
I also am offering some of my Cemani eggs and chicks for sale.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank you

Amazing! Do you plan on selling any from that breeding program?

Thank you for your beautiful compliments guys. :) More motivation to continue my work in attempting to help preserve this breeds true genetics.
Yes I am offering eggs and chicks and looking forward to helping fellow breeders out and improve Ayam Cemani in the US.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom