Baby chick can't stand up!

This baby hatched 2 days ago and it cant stand up or walk. Can someone please help me ? Thanks,

@countrychick628 Did you ever determine what was wrong with your chick? We have a turkey right now that looks exactly like this and I have been searching everywhere for a cause and a solution. Thanks for any info.

Was your chick able to eat while he was like this? Did you hand feed it? How much did you feed it if it was hand fed?

Hope I'm doing the right thing. Electrolyte water, egg yolk for food all through an eye dropper. I also used vet tape to bandage his legs together and set him inside a towel so his feet were forced under him. He doesn't seem to like it.

It did eat and drink. I would hold him and put his beak to water and chick starter, I also like using poweraide. Unfortunately he did not make it, I think the others suffocated him.

hey looking for some insight we just had a few chicks hatch three yesterday, one today one is up and running and the usual the other three are in a fetal position,laying down,not sure why any answers, please reply

not sure what to do. This is my last chick and it's struggling. It chirps and moves a little but only lays down. Just hatched today so I still have it in incubator?

My baby bantam that I got yesterday is HBO g trouble standing. He was standing perfectly last night was drinking and eating fine but now I can't get him to stand. What would be wrong

My Silkie could not stand up at all. Both legs splayed and one stuck upwards and looked twisted and crooked.. it could grab my fingers with it's toes. I put band-aids on it's legs but was a struggle, as the chick kept pushing it's twisted leg the wrong way to walk. But since it could grab my fingers I thought it may be able to grab wire, as well. It worked!! But then, the band-aids kept comming off and the crooked leg seemed to get worst. I took it to the vet. She said having it on the wire was a good idea and to keep doing it and placing it's leg in front of it. (I had been doing that too) By it grabbing the wire, it was working it's nerves, even tho bones hardened. She splinted it's leg correctly for me,,, it took 3 people.This is with the band-aids.. had I known I was doing good things.. I would have continured .. just didn't know if I had it's leg right or if in pain. The vet did not even suggest putting the chick "down".

Th

Back
Top Bottom