Backyard Brahmas!!

My lone peahen never seemed to bond with any of the chickens, even though a Marans she was raised with had a big crush on her. Then, I introduced our Dark Brahma pullet, and all of a sudden my peahen is interested. Do you think she likes the Brahma because she is close in size and colour? Maybe she was just waiting for another big, silvery bird?

Birds of a feather is not a myth! If they can't find the same breed, they do gravitate to birds of the same color. I've seen it over and over again.

I only have one brahma. She is a buff brahma one of my oldest and best hens. Her name is Jasmine. She also has 8 babies, which are now one year old. They are only half brahma but still very beautiful. Here is a picture of Jasmine.

Last edited:
I only have one brahma. She is a buff brahma one of my oldest and best hens. Her name is Jasmine. She also has 8 babies, which are now one year old. They are only half brahma but still very beautiful. Here is a picture of Jasmine.

Aw, nice hen. I wish mine had been broody, though I did have some of her chicks years ago. My Buff Brahma was a great old gal, too. Caroline passed on Oct 28 at almost 10 years old, my last remaining hatchery hen. She was, as we always said, the Queen of Everything. She is why I have a young flock of Partridge/Blue Partridge Brahmas now. They are great birds!

Back
Top Bottom