Backyard Brahmas!!

love my backyard brahma cookie, she even purrs when there's food coming her way! At 23 weeks I've still yet to see an egg from her

The white bird with the Delaware like barred neck lacing looks to be a cockerel.
No offense but I definitely knew he was a cockeral. My question was about the grey/silver barred chicken standing behind him. I have an easter egger that is a female that has a comb similiar and red as well so I wondered if it could have been a girl too. I'm not sure what a boy with that color pattern looks like. Hence my confusion.

No offense but I definitely knew he was a cockeral. My question was about the grey/silver barred chicken standing behind him. I have an easter egger that is a female that has a comb similiar and red as well so I wondered if it could have been a girl too. I'm not sure what a boy with that color pattern looks like. Hence my confusion.
Its hard to tell from the picture but the size of the comb and saddle feathers look like its a cockerel.

Its hard to tell from the picture but the size of the comb and saddle feathers look like its a cockerel.
Thank you that's what I was looking for. Something besides the comb. The saddle feathers are longer than my females so that makes sense. I didn't know what saddle feathers were...new at this! Thank you tons!! He already has a new home but just wanted to make sure I didn't make a mistake. He wasn't getting gold fringes or the glossy black coloring as my other males were so I was confused. Maybe just his coloring doesn't get those things?

I have this part brahma chicken and im trying to sex him or her quickly because im decreasing my flock size. It is 4 months old at least. Its the silver and white one in the back.
I have this part brahma chicken and im trying to sex him or her quickly because im decreasing my flock size. It is 4 months old at least. Its the silver and white one in the back.

I've got 3 barred mixed breeds. All of them appear to have saddle type feathers, but only one has larger irredecent tail feathers and is trying to crow. Plus, this one is also starting to get 'staining' at the base of the saddle. My trio is now 3.5 - 4 months old, and were intended to be OE, if they were pullets.

Back
Top Bottom