Backyard Brahmas!!

guys its really nice to have your own homemade incubator and be hatching own eggs....am currently hatching some brahma eggs and i was just from home that i have three more eggs which i would add to the incubator tomorrow but what amazes and makes me know that God is wonderful is that chicken you see in the egg when you candle at day 7 and 17, anyway hope evryone is okay ,

hi guys i need a little clarification on the feed i give to my chickens.......now layer feed and grower feed which has more protein ?
secondly can i mix both to feed my chickens ?
thirdly can i add any protein like soya or fish to the layer or grower feed for them ?
i need urgent help i want to change their feed a little i used to feed them with grower feed

Holding-7-eggs-incubator-musical-cute-mini.jpg

HI GUYS PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP IN OPERATING THIS INCUBATOR.IF SOMEONE CAN ADVICE ME HOW TO TURN THE EGGS BECAUSE IT DOES NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC TURNER,SHOULD I MARK THEM X AND O AND TURN THEM LIKE THEY ARE LYING DOWN ?AND DURING HATCHING TIME WOULD THE CHICKS STILL HATCH WHEN THEY STAND WITH THE POINTED SIDE DOWN AND THE AIR SACK UP....CAN THE CHICKS GET OUT ?

View attachment 1065392

HI GUYS PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP IN OPERATING THIS INCUBATOR.IF SOMEONE CAN ADVICE ME HOW TO TURN THE EGGS BECAUSE IT DOES NOT HAVE AN AUTOMATIC TURNER,SHOULD I MARK THEM X AND O AND TURN THEM LIKE THEY ARE LYING DOWN ?AND DURING HATCHING TIME WOULD THE CHICKS STILL HATCH WHEN THEY STAND WITH THE POINTED SIDE DOWN AND THE AIR SACK UP....CAN THE CHICKS GET OUT ?
I reccomend posting this in the egg hatching section. You'll get more answers. Best of luck :)

I'm researching to build a coop for 6 Brahma hens. That's all the city allows and we want all Brahma. We don't care about show qualities or color. We like the breed and think they will be a great first flock.

So about the coop, they have to be penned full time. I prefer stationary to tractor so that I can bury the bottom to keep some of the crawlers out. So my solution for happy healthy hens is to make a larger than normal run to bring them a little closer to free range environment. We will plant some garden stuffs in there and are considering a pond with a small pump to keep flowing water. I'm thinking something like a 300 sq ft (roughly 15'x20') for the run. Have some covered for shade and the whole thing covered with some kind of material to prevent flying or overreaching predators. I'll probably use corner post 4x4s and then use pvc for all the cross pieces and overhead framing. We have a section in the yard that is useless as land and very hard to mow because of it's slope. Do chickens do ok on sloped areas?

Any suggestions or things I'm missing for the run?

I'll post later for the actual coop. I'm still formulating plans for that but I know it shouldn't be oversized like the run is. And since the city limits to 6, we don't plan to build for future expansion.

And thoughts are appreciated :)

I'm researching to build a coop for 6 Brahma hens. That's all the city allows and we want all Brahma. We don't care about show qualities or color. We like the breed and think they will be a great first flock.

So about the coop, they have to be penned full time. I prefer stationary to tractor so that I can bury the bottom to keep some of the crawlers out. So my solution for happy healthy hens is to make a larger than normal run to bring them a little closer to free range environment. We will plant some garden stuffs in there and are considering a pond with a small pump to keep flowing water. I'm thinking something like a 300 sq ft (roughly 15'x20') for the run. Have some covered for shade and the whole thing covered with some kind of material to prevent flying or overreaching predators. I'll probably use corner post 4x4s and then use pvc for all the cross pieces and overhead framing. We have a section in the yard that is useless as land and very hard to mow because of it's slope. Do chickens do ok on sloped areas?

Any suggestions or things I'm missing for the run?

I'll post later for the actual coop. I'm still formulating plans for that but I know it shouldn't be oversized like the run is. And since the city limits to 6, we don't plan to build for future expansion.

And thoughts are appreciated :)

I really think thats too small a run for 24/7 occupancy. Thats the size of my run for 10 chickens, but they free range most of the day. Plus my one Brahma is twice the size of the normal chickens. The have low aggression so thats a plus for you. I would try to squeeze some extra footage in there somehow.

hi guys i need a little clarification on the feed i give to my chickens.......now layer feed and grower feed which has more protein ?
secondly can i mix both to feed my chickens ?
thirdly can i add any protein like soya or fish to the layer or grower feed for them ?
i need urgent help i want to change their feed a little i used to feed them with grower feed

Back
Top Bottom