Before I say goodbye….

Fontaine

Songster
Jun 20, 2020
Naples Florida
I need to hear no way EVER could this be a pullet. I know,I know the comb , the wattles the color and “she “ crowed this morning! I was just looking at those rounded feathers and hoping…… “she “is a 5.5 mo Marans. You get so attached raising them from babies. I hope I can find a good home😢. I can’t keep a rooster. Thanks

Attachments

• 30B404B4-7BEE-4967-B55D-BA5D0687C7D3.jpeg
    30B404B4-7BEE-4967-B55D-BA5D0687C7D3.jpeg
    757.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 9C466D86-72AD-4AE2-B1E2-25E9BA11E886.jpeg
    9C466D86-72AD-4AE2-B1E2-25E9BA11E886.jpeg
    864.9 KB · Views: 100
I need to hear no way EVER could this be a pullet. I know,I know the comb , the wattles the color and “she “ crowed this morning! I was just looking at those rounded feathers and hoping…… “she “is a 5.5 mo Marans. You get so attached raising them from babies. I hope I can find a good home😢. I can’t keep a rooster. Thanks
Pretty sure that's a pullet... it's giving all the signs of one. The round feathers, no excessive "sharp" tail feathers... The crowing is probably just her being loud in place of a roo.

Female hens can crow often for dominance. They may mate as well so that doesn’t signify that much. I’ll try attaching a photo of mine in the morning who thinks she is a boy. Absolutely massive comb and wattle like that, she sometimes crows, she mates the hens and my hand and really doesn’t lay anymore. She totally is convinced she is a boy.

I feel like yours is a girl who just looks masculine in appearance but i could be wrong?

Very large and bright red comb and wattles that say cockerel, but then there are the feathers that say pullet. Either your bird is a late-developing cockerel, or a pullet that looks masculine. Pullets will crow for dominance, likely if they have hormone issues or just want to be the top chicken like a rooster, and they will even start mounting hens.

Back
Top Bottom