Best Chicken Names..List yours!

We have....

Snuggly Mufikins ("Snugs" for short) - Silkie Roo
Harriet- Red SL
Brownie- Red SL
Buttercup- BL
Maude- Silkie
Mavis- Silkie

And our two lovely Cochin bantams that my husband named Cheech and Chong.....we no longer let him name the chickens:/

My Leghorn was named "Blanca" by our 9 yr. old granddaughter, because of the white feathers, but when she came to live with Poppy and Grammy, (the Barred Rocks at my son's house were picking on the Leghorn which encouraged the other gals to join in), she ended up being called "Blondie" by my husband. She follows him everywhere and has become his pet. The other chicken, an Amerucana that had been named "Jane" by our four year old grandson, came along. She's docile and wasn't a part of the crowd picking on Blondie, so she came as a companion. The other chickens at son's house are Margot, a Sex Link; Charlotte, another Amerucana; a Silver Lace named Agnes; and Goldie, a Buff Orphington, Freckles and Samantha, both Barred Rocks. They all have funny personalities and I swear they know their names!

my golden polish roo was Rod Stewart cuz of his crazy feathers, before that our two identical game roosters were Bob and Bob, one bob lived to be 10 yrs old! thought he was a dog, I swear!

I love chickens! And I LOVE naming them!i have 5 hens and 2 ducks ( one male and one female:).

BRs: Bea ( 7 yrs and still laying) and rock (almost a yr old :)
BAs:wisteria ( she is very broody)blacke(I call them together the blacks)
EE:brownie(she is so small and soooooooooooo cute :)
female duck:duckduck
male: peep.

oh and also in June iam getting a dozen chicks :):):):):):)

Last edited:
Haha. We have a roo named Elvis too. His dad is a splash laced red Wyandotte and his mom is a red star. So he's this awesome white rooster with dark red and gold on him and a great big rose comb. His favorite lady is a silkie/laying hen mix named Priscilla.

I love Elvis for a rooster name! That was my original plan for getting a rooster. But, when one of my Golden Girls turned out to be a rooster(The one I named Dorothy, go figure!), we named him Stanley to keep the theme consistent. LOL

I wanted a Marans Rooster named Elvis eventually, this being our first flock and all. I ended up with a BO roo named Stanley, instead. Funny how things work out sometimes. Some day...I'll have my Elvis!

Here are pics of my BO Elvis-he's huge and likes to make sure everyone knows he's the boss. He hasn't flogged me in awhile, so we've let him grow out his spurs to what looks like about 4-5inches. If he starts getting aggressive again(spring seems to do that to him) we will strip them back down. But, he's too cool with his deep crow throughout the day!

Here are pics of my BO Elvis-he's huge and likes to make sure everyone knows he's the boss. He hasn't flogged me in awhile, so we've let him grow out his spurs to what looks like about 4-5inches. If he starts getting aggressive again(spring seems to do that to him) we will strip them back down. But, he's too cool with his deep crow throughout the day!

He's quite beautiful! Me and Stanley are in an abusive relationship. He flogs me almost daily since another roo entered the picture. But I am hoping that more hens to keep his attention(chicken math struck us with 2 roos & 5 hens) might take the edge off. He's really a wonderful rooster, though. He fought off a hawk and prevented it from killing Sophia. He got lots of hugs and love for that! His spurs are only about 1 inch right now, but they're tearing up the ladies' wings and my knees, as well. So, I need to find a humane way to take em down for a while. I never intended to de-spur because I wanted them to be as natural as possible. But, I also want to NOT have bruises on my knees for 4th of July. I have a pool party to go to.
lol.png

I adore him, though. I know he's a rooster and the only context in which he comes at me, is not at all malicious like he's just being mean to be mean. It's when I go near his favorite or have to handle one of them for whatever. But when he gets too out of line, I snatch him up and take him to the porch. It calms him right down & he just sits in my lap and hangs out. I guess he's complicated.

Back
Top Bottom