Pipa-Partridge Showgirl
Dutches-Blue Orpington
Cena (Centipede-my gradmas doing)-OE
Yun-Cuckoo Orp
Poppy-OE
Shantih-EE
Oakly-Slash laced red Wyandotte
Radar-OE

Here are some of my favorites so far in my crew (I have a ton of names, so I only list a few...)

-Liesl- geriatric LF black Cochin (she's at least 8!)
-Swantja- geriatric LF splash Cochin (she's 12! Seriously!)
-Jim- Crevecoeur (My foundation dad-named for the Jim Croce song "Don't Mess With Jim" for his penchant for trying to attack small children-he thinks he's tough, but he's really not...)
-Flora- Crevecoeur (My mom-named for Ms. France 2014 Flora Coquerel)
-Pygar- Splash Cochin

I have liberty Legbar
Rhonda the Rhode Island Red
Niko Light Sussex
Penny, Egg and Morwenna Cornish game
Mrs Yolkie..not sure what breed
Teddy
Pearl and Cyril the cockerel!

Our first flock, 4 Buff Orpingtons. The Golden Girls. Blanche, Rose, Dorothy and Sophia. I know it's probably not original at all, but it still makes us giggle every time we call their names.
big_smile.png

I would prefer to not name my chickens any more but my DD loves them and wants names. Some we've used:

There was Right and Lefty - two identical sexlinks with rings on opposite legs
Lacey - silver laced wynedotte
Brownie
Snowball - all white ee
Cornball - he got that name as a chick
Buttercup
Fluffy

Back row: Brownie (short for Miss Brown Chicken, she's an EE)
Front row, left to right: Lucy (SL Wyandotte), Batman (Barred Rock, she's a girl, but DS insisted...), Stampy Longbeak (Buff Orpington)

Last edited:
One of our first chickens was sold to us as a female, but "she" was not. She turned out to be a rooster. One of our children wanted to name her Mimi and the other wanted to name her Odet. A compromise was made and we ended up with a rooster with not one, but two girl names. This was Mimi-Odet. He is no longer with us (thank goodness! He was the meanest pet I've ever had!) but he was a good looking chicken. He was also sold as an EE but I'm almost positive he was a SLW

Back
Top Bottom