best hatchery for salmon faverolles?

KathrynB

Songster
10 Years
Mar 14, 2010
Well out of my first batch of chicks it looks like I might have a roo(ill wait till he crows to give him away tho.) So now I'm in the market for some salmon faverolles and maybe a bantum d'uccle anyone know the best hatchery for faverolles? Pictures would be great! Thanks everyone!

I was thinking Meyer or mpc anybody had good or bad luck with their faverolles

What is important to you in a Faverolles chicken? I suspect from any hatchery it's a bit of a toss of the dice. Meyer/MPC (same stock) has a lot of "mahagony" colored genetics and it's a toss up if you'll get a Salmon Faverolles or a "what is it". Sometimes you get a really nice bird, other times not so much. I've personally gotten some bad genetics from them and some good genetics. Such is the way of a hatchery.

Whatever you decide, good luck! :)

Well id prefer the lighter color plus the chicken beards crack me up! but mostly I want them for their sweet temperament :) and healthy of course id buy from a breeder if I could find one near me.

Can't say, I never had salmon faverolles before but I just got some of them from McMurrays abit over 2 weeks ago so far they seem great but idk how they will look when they get older..

What is important to you in a Faverolles chicken? I suspect from any hatchery it's a bit of a toss of the dice. Meyer/MPC (same stock) has a lot of "mahagony" colored genetics and it's a toss up if you'll get a Salmon Faverolles or a "what is it". Sometimes you get a really nice bird, other times not so much. I've personally gotten some bad genetics from them and some good genetics. Such is the way of a hatchery.

Whatever you decide, good luck! :)

We have been working for quite some time, to improve the color of our Salmon Faverolles. This year our stock is looking great and back on track. Please, don't hesitate to consider us! We would be happy to work with you.

We have been working for quite some time, to improve the color of our Salmon Faverolles. This year our stock is looking great and back on track. Please, don't hesitate to consider us! We would be happy to work with you.

Thanks for letting us know! I have always liked that Meyer interacts with its customers on this level. :)

Thanks for the replies everyone! Meyer will probably be the way I go :)

I really did have an overall good experience with Meyer. I just wanted to let you know that a hatchery is a hatchery-- not trying to paint a bad picture, but you have to understand it's a bit of a roulette game! I have seen some great birds come out of hatcheries and some not so great-- If you are just looking for nice pet hens there is nothing wrong with that. My favs from Meyer are very sweet girls! I do not recommend them for most mixed flocks though. They tend to get bullied.

This is one of my Salmon Faverolle chicks from Meyer in April--she's supposed to be a pullet. Maybe she's a roo or maybe just pretty dark. I have another one as well. I'll post more pictures in the morning. They are sweet but timid and quite loud. I almost sent them to the farm but they really are nice chicks. I just think they are pretty dark colored compared to other pictures that I've seen.

This is one of my Salmon Faverolle chicks from Meyer in April--she's supposed to be a pullet. Maybe she's a roo or maybe just pretty dark. I have another one as well. I'll post more pictures in the morning. They are sweet but timid and quite loud. I almost sent them to the farm but they really are nice chicks. I just think they are pretty dark colored compared to other pictures that I've seen.
She's a pullet, just a dark one.

Back
Top Bottom