Bielefelder thread!!!!

@Sally PB I'm planning on doing a hatch next month that would be due towards the end of the month. I sold 2 dozen egg's this morning to a neighbor, and still have 5 dozen more in the fridge, plus today's is on the counter top. So, I think I'm getting far enough ahead. Hatching late February should assure that they won't molt next winter.

I don't like doing the hatchalongs because those thread's get to busy for me to keep up. I'm not living on the computer all day anymore. :gig I have also found another breeder of the one's that were imported by GfF in 2011 here in AZ that I have been in contact with and am planning for hatching eggs from her also, since they are not the bantam. She's looking to match up 2 pairs that are looking very promising to her for breeding. It's good that this breed is autosexing at hatch.

Today we had mid to low teen temps. The Bielefelders were the only birds to venture outside the coop, that I saw.

I put a dish of snow in the coop and closed the people door; the pop door was open. When I went in for last egg check, all four of them came out to see me and get a drink. They all got petted.
:love

Today we had mid to low teen temps. The Bielefelders were the only birds to venture outside the coop, that I saw.

I put a dish of snow in the coop and closed the people door; the pop door was open. When I went in for last egg check, all four of them came out to see me and get a drink. They all got petted.
:love
I only have two Bielefelders left, one male and female, but they both treat the snow outside like lava. I do make snowballs for them in the run and they love that.
I wonder what they would do to a mini snowman? Maybe I'll make one and do a photo series.

I wonder what they would do to a mini snowman? Maybe I'll make one and do a photo series.
IMG_E0655.JPG

She ate his nose (sunflower seed) before I could get a picture. Poor snowman lost his face, then his head! :lau

View attachment 3726309
She ate his nose (sunflower seed) before I could get a picture. Poor snowman lost his face, then his head! :lau
I love that you did that! I'm betting my flock either will treat it like lava (par for the course) or eat it's face off in a spectacular attack. My boy (Spatch) will probably just crow at it. I'll have to wait for warmer temps in order for the snow to pack but I will def take some pics.

It got up to 13 degrees here, and the pullets (4 Bielefelders and a Blue Australorp) were out and about a few times. When I came into the run with chickie snack, all the ladies came out.

I had to people and pop door shut for awhile this morning when it was 3 degrees. They have a bowl of snow and a bowl of feed inside. I did not see any signs of frostbite on Robin's comb. She easily has the biggest comb of any of my chickens, even my rooster. He's a Chantecler, with a strawberry comb that will come through the cold just fine.

It got up to 13 degrees here, and the pullets (4 Bielefelders and a Blue Australorp) were out and about a few times. When I came into the run with chickie snack, all the ladies came out.

I had to people and pop door shut for awhile this morning when it was 3 degrees. They have a bowl of snow and a bowl of feed inside. I did not see any signs of frostbite on Robin's comb. She easily has the biggest comb of any of my chickens, even my rooster. He's a Chantecler, with a strawberry comb that will come through the cold just fine.
Mine have been enjoying the sunshine and some weeds that I pulled for them today for a treat. It's 62F. out there right now.

Back
Top Bottom