Big's White and Wild Rice Medley

bigmike&nan

Crowing
15 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Scenic Jackson New Jersey
Oh so good, you could almost have this and a plate of ripe fruit for dinner on a hot night.

Mis en place

1 cup white long grain rice
1 box wild rice (about 10 oz.)

1 lb fresh green beans cut french style (thin and on the bias long)
1 cup toasted slivered almonds
3 scallions cut on the bias (white and green portions)
salt and pepper to taste

Prepare white rice per bag instructions. Spread in large wide bowl and fluff repeatedly to cool and separate grains. Prepare wild rice per package instructions, when you have about 3 minutes left to cooking time add the french cut green beans and cook three minutes with rice. Now drain wild rice fully. Spread in another large wide bowl and fluff to cool and separate grains.

Combine rices, scallions and slivered almonds. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper. Serve with grilled duck breast, teriyaki chicken thighs and fresh cut up fruit...

P4240155.jpg

Hey Everyone,

I am surprised this recipe never got any responses. Give it a shot. When I can't find wild rice in the box I use Rice a Roni's white/wild rice medley, or failing that I get Carolina brand white/wild rice medley. This is great cold with some cantaloupe slices and grilled chicken or fish. Great all by itself too.

Hey there, Big Mike!

I'm thinking this recipe is a lot "plainer" than your usual creations & thus the lack of interest.

Sounds good to me and I suggest trying it using quinoa or another grain too.

I have green & wax beans planted & will probably use them in something like this.

Back
Top Bottom