Black Copper Marans discussion thread

on the first post of this thread, there is a picture of a marans chick with barring on the wings its the 4th pic is coloring like that allowed? not being mean just asking thanks

"Rooler" is all grown up and just became a Dad. I am not a breeder for chicks just adding more dark eggs but would like a critique of this BCM. Also, what do you use on their combs for dryness? Living in Wyoming is hard on them and I notice his looks dry. He also got in a scuffle through the fence with the Big Black B.. and has a cut healing. Are all these Frenchmen so gentle with their humans? He's a real Gent!

"Rooler" is all grown up and just became a Dad. I am not a breeder for chicks just adding more dark eggs but would like a critique of this BCM. Also, what do you use on their combs for dryness? Living in Wyoming is hard on them and I notice his looks dry. He also got in a scuffle through the fence with the Big Black B.. and has a cut healing. Are all these Frenchmen so gentle with their humans? He's a real Gent!

For the dry Comb you can use a little Vaseline and also some good Hand cream like Vaseline Intensive care.

Such a handsome fella! Does he have feathery feet? It is hard to tell from the photo.

I have a question.. Will a young bird ever have a possibility of outgrowing a "s" or bent comb? I can post a picture of the 2 guys I have to choose from right now. They are green fire farms Roo over Bev davis hens, I purchased them from a lady who breeds for egg color and not conformation. I know the genetic are there, I'm just wondering is it worth the tinkering to breed them?

i apologize if I'm not doing this right- I'm a newbie!! But I have a lovely paor of copper marans I'd like to find a home for....Any suggestions? I am kn upstate New York. Dutchess County to be specific. thanks!! Alexis

Back
Top Bottom