Blue Buffalo dog food vs. 4 health dog food

Quote:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showcat.php/cat/6/page/2

No reviews for the Authority brand foods at the above site, though it's listed on 2 Star page which isn't a great rating. The so called "premium foods" I was feeding my dogs until a month ago also are 2 Star foods, no doubt due to the lack of quality protein and high corn and other grains.

I'm sold on Taste of the Wild - Prairie for my three dogs. Just bought a bag for the cats too.

On that website the year they did the test was in 2008, Authority was recently reformulated (within this past year) and I think the rating is for the older formula/based on the picture of the bag and year. Here is a link to the ingredient list for the type I bought.
http://authoritypetnutrition.com/dog-products/adult/real-lamb-mini-chunk.php
And the canned puppy food i get for my 6 month old Collie:
http://authoritypetnutrition.com/dog-products/puppy/chicken-and-rice.php

Also, Where are you guys getting Taste of the Wild at? I'd like to try it for my pups.

ETA: I looked up TOTW and I have a feedstore 15 mins away that carries it. Which is great!
smile.png

Last edited:
I got my first bag of 4health dog food yesterday, and today I put a little in with their Blue Buffalo. Sugar, my lab ate it no problem. Sabrina, however, doesn't seem to like it at all. She sniffed her bowl a little, them left and started playing with her toy. About 10 minutes later she came back and ate most of her food, but she left all of the 4health in her bowl. She like picked out all of the Blue Buffalo out and didn't eat a piece of the 4health. I offered her a piece of 4health, and she put it in her mouth and spit it out!
th.gif
Do you think she will ever learn to like it, or should I switch back to Blue? Well, she NEEDS to get used to it, because my dad just got a huge pay cut, and we can't afford Blue Buffalo anymore, thats why I switched in the first place.
barnie.gif
Why is she being so difficult? I also noticed that 4health chicken and rice formula has BREWERS rice, not brown, and it is 4th down the ingredient list after chicken, chicken meal, millet, and barley. Blue Buffalo has BROWN rice 3rd down the list after chicken and chicken meal. Is brewers rice white rice? Is brown rice better for them than brewers rice? And shouldn't the rice be higher up on the list, and why isn't the title chicken and millet then? UGH!
th.gif

We recently switched our dogs food to the authority dog food from petsmart and shes doing fantastic on it alls we feed her is a cup a day and she dont usually finish that till the end of the day. She has also filled out more where as before she was really skinny and we couldnt get her to keep good weight. she also seems to have more energy and be an all around happier dog. Gave her a trial of that call of the wild stuff and she seemed to like that pretty well to but the authority seemed to last longer and cost less.

I was looking on a few sites and the lamb and rice formula has brown rice as the second ingredient. Maybe that would be better for them.
smile.png
What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom