Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Got a BLRW egg today! 31 weeks old, now for her sister to catch up and get with the program too. They both look ready, but we saw the black one leaving the nest box, so sure it was her. Pretty nice sized egg for a first one.

With a RSL egg for size and color comparison.

Last edited:
Hi I've been lurking here for awhile and wanted some opinions about some of our latest additions.

My opinion is pretty and quick. =)

Got a BLRW egg today! 31 weeks old, now for her sister to catch up and get with the program too. They both look ready, but we saw the black one leaving the nest box, so sure it was her. Pretty nice sized egg for a first one.

With a RSL egg for size and color comparison.

Congrats on your first BLRW egg!!!

Here is one of my favorite girls of the year. She's pushing 9 months old.

Last edited:
It has been the consensus with this chick that it is most likely a cockeral. However, it is now almost 15 weeks, and no mature roo feathers or behaviors, and comb development seems more on track for a hen! Posting a few pics for opinions, tried to get close ups but the chick wasn't feeling it. I have someone who wants it if it is a pullet, and since the lacing/coloring isn't so great I'm fine with letting it go, but don't want to give someone an accidental roo. Thanks!

It has been the consensus with this chick that it is most likely a cockeral. However, it is now almost 15 weeks, and no mature roo feathers or behaviors, and comb development seems more on track for a hen! Posting a few pics for opinions, tried to get close ups but the chick wasn't feeling it. I have someone who wants it if it is a pullet, and since the lacing/coloring isn't so great I'm fine with letting it go, but don't want to give someone an accidental roo. Thanks!

Do you have any BLRW girls to compare it to? At 15 weeks you should know the sex, at 4 to 6 weeks there are considerable differences between the boys and girls; leg and comb size, saddle and back feathers. It's difficult to see in these pictures with close ups. If you Google how to sex BLRWs you could see the feather differences.

I see shiny pointed saddle feathers starting to come in right above the shadow in the bottom middle of this photo. I'm pretty confident that it's a cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom