Blue Laced Red Wyandotte THREAD!

Pics
It was a nice day outside today so I went out with my camera... I have 5 bantam blrw (4 of which are cockerels)
he.gif
2 of them have rough combs - they have started fighting so I now have 2 up for sale to end up with a reverse trio until the pullet decides to start laying.. poor girl I feel so sorry for her.

just thought I would share

feather shot

Is there anyone in Northern California who would like some chicks or cockerels? I have a bunch hatching right now as well as two very nice BLRW LF cockerels.

I hatched 5 BLRW eggs a few days ago, so they're too young to know of anything about them, but I thought I'd share some pics.

Here's my favorite, Zuli:

She had a very rough hatch, and wasn't totally fluffed out in this picture.

This one is Cobalt:

This one is Indigo (I think?):

And here's a pic of the first four to hatch all together:

We have been hatching like mad this year to get the perfect flock! Is anyone interested in BLRW chicks? I have splash, black, and blue. PM me if you are interested!

We also hatched a few recently! We only hatched five. It's kind of a test. We have a Dark Pen set up with a rooster who we think is black (in the right light, sometimes he looks very dark blue?), with two blue hens. So far, I am thinking the hatch confirmed he is black, as I think we have 4 black chicks and 1 blue.

I think the blue chick is on the left and the other four I'm hoping are black.

Does anybody have any For Sure ways of telling the blues vs splash or black?

The two blue hens we have in this test pen, are mother & daughter. For the longest time, I was sure the mom was splash, until we hatched just her eggs with our splash Alpha roo and she threw blue babies! The blues are so hard to tell sometimes unless you breed them!
Anyway, if anybody has for sure ways to identify them other than breeding them, I'd love to hear them!

William, who we think is black, and the daddy of the chicks above.

Wyatt, our splash Alpha roo with Willow, our light blue hen who we thought for the longest time was splash.
Willow is one of the mommies of the chicks above.

Whiley as a pullet, one of our very light blue hens, and Wyatt and Willow's daughter. She's the other mommy to the chicks above.

Can anybody tell me how old when the BLRW roosters are sexually mature? I have a rooster that is 7 months old, but havent shown any interest in the hens and they are laying like crazy and squatting around him as in flirting!

Can anybody tell me how old when the BLRW roosters are sexually mature? I have a rooster that is 7 months old, but havent shown any interest in the hens and they are laying like crazy and squatting around him as in flirting!

I would think it would be any day now.....although I know sometimes the pullets can take up until 9 mo's or so to lay, so maybe it can take that long for the roo's too.

Mine just hit 8 months and I have only seen him breed once or twice now. He def is not that mature yet compared to my other BLRW roos.

Thank you!!! I really liking on how gentle this rooster is! So I am excitied about starting my own flock with those birds. Of course I am struggling to find non hatchery birds. The one I have is a hatchery bird from a friend (splash) so he is staying in with the mixed flock until I am able to find a better replacement.

Does anybody have their favorite bloodlines? Pauls Poultry looks like a little outdated but I like the type from the photos.

Back
Top Bottom