Bonsai trees!

Lovely pots! I'm so jealous, I never thought that I'd be jealous of trees, but I am.
Is that your bird? I have two parakeets.

Lovely pots! I'm so jealous, I never thought that I'd be jealous of trees, but I am.
Is that your bird? I have two parakeets.

Dufus is a conure that my wife and I hand fed. We have his parents too. I used to raise parakeets; standard and English. Are your two a mated pair?

More bonsai pictures. I put captions on the previous pictures so you could see what kind they are if you have any questions.

SILVER/SOFT MAPLE

JAPANESE LARCH

AMERICAN ELM

FUCHIEN TEA

They're both males, as far as I know.
The Japanese Larch is my favorite, it's really cute.
How quickly does the Japanese Larch grow?

They're both males, as far as I know.
The Japanese Larch is my favorite, it's really cute.
How quickly does the Japanese Larch grow?

It grows fairly fast once the root system is developed. It's rather unique in that it looks like a pine tree, but it drops its needles in the fall.

More pictures.

BLUEBERRY

FLORIDA BLACK OLIVE

UNKNOWN

JAPANESE WILLOW

GOLDEN CEDAR in a dog dish

PEANUT BEING FED

The unknown tree is interesting, where did you find it?

You have a pet squirrel? He's really cute!:)

The unknown tree is interesting, where did you find it?

You have a pet squirrel? He's really cute!:)

The unknown tree was a gift from my wife (many are). There was a name tag but our little dog has the habit of taking the tags out of plants for toys. It has an odd name I can not remember.

Peanut the squirrel was brought to me by a student who realized he was unable to eat like other squirrels. His teeth are not lined up correctly so he is unable to eat hard foods. So he is syringe fed periodically to make sure he is getting the right nutrients even though he is an adult red squirrel. Every two weeks his teeth have to be trimmed. In the wild his teeth would have caused his death a long time ago. Rodent teeth grow as long as the animal is alive. If they are not aligned they grow until they pierce the animal's brain or somewhere else that is fatal. If the teeth are lined up normally the teeth are constantly being worn down as the animal eats.

The unknown tree was a gift from my wife (many are). There was a name tag but our little dog has the habit of taking the tags out of plants for toys. It has an odd name I can not remember.

Peanut the squirrel was brought to me by a student who realized he was unable to eat like other squirrels. His teeth are not lined up correctly so he is unable to eat hard foods. So he is syringe fed periodically to make sure he is getting the right nutrients even though he is an adult red squirrel. Every two weeks his teeth have to be trimmed. In the wild his teeth would have caused his death a long time ago. Rodent teeth grow as long as the animal is alive. If they are not aligned they grow until they pierce the animal's brain or somewhere else that is fatal. If the teeth are lined up normally the teeth are constantly being worn down as the animal eats.

Well, at least he didn't eat the tree!

Aw, poor little guy. I'm glad someone found him! What do you feed him?

I have many more bonsai if you'd like to see more pictures. Kimmi, my wife, loves taking pictures.

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE TREES. APPROXIMATELY 10 YEARS OLD IT STANDS LESS THAN 5 INCHES-KOREAN BOXWOOD.

The pot is an old sugar bowl. Kimmi has a jewelry drill that she uses to put a hole in the bottom of "bonsai pots" for me.
I have a number of boughten bonsai pots, but many are container found at thrift shops; butter dished, sugar bowls, cream pitchers, unique cereal bowls, etc.

Last edited:
I have many more bonsai if you'd like to see more pictures. Kimmi, my wife, loves taking pictures.

THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE TREES. APPROXIMATELY 10 YEARS OLD IT STANDS LESS THAN 5 INCHES-KOREAN BOXWOOD.

The pot is an old sugar bowl. Kimmi has a jewelry drill that she uses to put a hole in the bottom of "bonsai pots" for me.
I have a number of boughten bonsai pots, but many are container found at thrift shops; butter dished, sugar bowls, cream pitchers, unique cereal bowls, etc.

It's so cute! How often do you cut the roots?

Back
Top Bottom