bottle feeding goat...question

RockyToggRanch

Songster
11 Years
May 22, 2008
Upstate NY
I've had a bottle baby for 10 days now. He's 4 weeks old and growing like a weed. I had a freezer full of milk from last year that I assumed would last him awhile. He gets 16oz 3x day. I only have a few more days worth of milk for him. My question is this;

Should I start mixing store bought whole cow's milk with the remaining goats milk or wait and switch over to cow's milk completely all at once?

There are varying opinions as to what kind of milk is best to feed to a kid. Some swear by that powered formula, some say it's the worst. Some people will go out of their way to get raw goat milk, or even raw cow milk, or just go to the store and get store-bought and mix it with other stuff (like molasses).

Whatever you feed it, I agree that you need to easily transition over. Goats have such sensitive stomachs. But I definitly wouldn't worry about giving store bought milk
smile.png

Cool, okay...I'll switch over slowly. I guess I'll try 25% for a day and progress by 25% each day.

I will also call around for goats milk. Would I need to transition slowly from one does milk to another?

Back
Top Bottom