Do you like Boxers!? Do you own one!?

• Total voters
It starts out like what is in the videos then almost always intensifies and often turns into a fight. Dorie gets hyper and tries to get underneath Luna and nip Luna's jowls then Luna starts play-snapping and if Dorie gets hurt just a little bit she blames it on Luna then Luna reacts in a negative way and so on and so forth... :rolleyes:
If someone has a solution to this problem I'd love to know! But right now we just have to stop them in the middle of playtime. :(

It starts out like what is in the videos then almost always intensifies and often turns into a fight. Dorie gets hyper and tries to get underneath Luna and nip Luna's jowls then Luna starts play-snapping and if Dorie gets hurt just a little bit she blames it on Luna then Luna reacts in a negative way and so on and so forth... :rolleyes:
Oh dang that sucks! I’m sorry 😭

Is it all dogs, all big dogs, or just boxers that scare you?
All dogs. Smaller ones aren't as bad, but I still don't like them. I've been forcing myself to get used to my friend's german shepherd which probably comes to my elbow. He's huge and under 2 years yet so he can be very hyper.

All dogs. Smaller ones aren't as bad, but I still don't like them. I've been forcing myself to get used to my friend's german shepherd which probably comes to my elbow. He's huge and under 2 years yet so he can be very hyper.
I'm sorry. It must be terrible to deal with a fear of dogs, especially since people take them everywhere now. I love mine but I never take them into stores.
I see dogs in lowes and tractor supply all the time. I always worry about children running up to them. Not everyone's dog is well behaved. And from the dogs' points of view, strangers can be scary, especially little strangers who get in your space.

Anyway, carry on!!!

Feel free to share pictures, stories, etc. so others can learn about this amazing breed! And just for fun. 😁

Thank you in advance.
I've owned 5 females, all but the last one rescues, all goofballs.
1st girl Sam was at rescue shelter and daughter saw that wiggle butt and overbite and she was in love.
2nd one Kelly was from a boxer rescue society . She was banned from house cause she killed the rescued pet squirrel? when they let it go outside!!! Duh!!
3rd girl Noname
IMG_8574~2.JPG

had just weaned her pups she was at rescue shelter, she looked rough. What a love she was.
4th girl Ginger was a dumped dog in a blizzard ! Hubby accidently hit her ; just a nick , he followed her to her hiding place. No one could catch her but my husband knelt down and waited ....... she eventually came up and slumped on his shoulder. Love at first sight. ❤️pic attached.
IMG_2993.JPG

He comes home and says " Honey I hit a dog today." I said " awe where is it?" He answers " in the kitchen"!! Well I go to see and said " You didn't tell me she was a Boxer!" that's when I knew I was addicted!!. Well she was dehydrated, starved, cold she looked a goner. I told my hubby don't fall in love yet, she might have organ failure.
Well she drank, warmed by wood stove , but ears and tail down. 😕. Well I broke open a bag of chips and ears went up, tail wagged🤗okay she might be okay. Well she pooped a cow pie then we took her to Dr. She had frostbite in nails, no other problems he guessed her year and half old. Well she was our company mascot from there on out. We had to deliver some products about 400 miles away so we asked daughter to watch her. Well grandson fell in love and told Papa " Ginger my dog Papa! " Soo she became their dog! for the next 8 years! She could not pull that tongue in if sleeping. Melted their heart.
5th dog we got as a pup named Sammy J in honor of our 1st girl. She was a great dog, we ended up gifted her to a family that wanted a boxer but couldn't afford one with a stay @home Mom . She is still with them loved by all the elementary school kids in town.
Signed Boxer Lover.

I've owned 5 females, all but the last one rescues, all goofballs.
1st girl Sam was at rescue shelter and daughter saw that wiggle butt and overbite and she was in love.
2nd one Kelly was from a boxer rescue society . She was banned from house cause she killed the rescued pet squirrel? when they let it go outside!!! Duh!!
3rd girl Noname View attachment 3708331
had just weaned her pups she was at rescue shelter, she looked rough. What a love she was.
4th girl Ginger was a dumped dog in a blizzard ! Hubby accidently hit her ; just a nick , he followed her to her hiding place. No one could catch her but my husband knelt down and waited ....... she eventually came up and slumped on his shoulder. Love at first sight. ❤️pic attached. View attachment 3708312
He comes home and says " Honey I hit a dog today." I said " awe where is it?" He answers " in the kitchen"!! Well I go to see and said " You didn't tell me she was a Boxer!" that's when I knew I was addicted!!. Well she was dehydrated, starved, cold she looked a goner. I told my hubby don't fall in love yet, she might have organ failure.
Well she drank, warmed by wood stove , but ears and tail down. 😕. Well I broke open a bag of chips and ears went up, tail wagged🤗okay she might be okay. Well she pooped a cow pie then we took her to Dr. She had frostbite in nails, no other problems he guessed her year and half old. Well she was our company mascot from there on out. We had to deliver some products about 400 miles away so we asked daughter to watch her. Well grandson fell in love and told Papa " Ginger my dog Papa! " Soo she became their dog! for the next 8 years! She could not pull that tongue in if sleeping. Melted their heart.
5th dog we got as a pup named Sammy J in honor of our 1st girl. She was a great dog, we ended up gifted her to a family that wanted a boxer but couldn't afford one with a stay @home Mom . She is still with them loved by all the elementary school kids in town.
Signed Boxer Lover.
Awww that is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom