Do you like Boxers!? Do you own one!?

• Total voters
They are perpetual puppy. They play and run amok for many years. Most slow down about age 10. They like to snuggle, and throw toys around. They gallop about like wild broncos, hopping and twirling. They love car rides, chasing kitties. They smell good, and are easy to keep.

Their downsides are some health problems. Teeth and gum issues, sometimes sensitive stomachs, and heart problems, and cancers, cushings, to name a few. They tend to be healthy most of their lives except for that last year or two when they start to fall apart. They are big dumb kids, and I love them.
Perfect description right there.

Some photos of my Baxter at 5 years old and 10 years old. He ran up the walls as a puppy, started to turn gray at 3, began spinning in circles for fun at the age of 7, and he lived to 14. Our two female dogs knew he was the boss, but he was a kind boss and was very gentle with smaller animals. He was a gentleman at the vet's and the vet and staff loved him.

View attachment 3707492
View attachment 3707493
He was gorgeous! And so cute!

They sound like the perfect dog lol
Well...besides the health problems and stubbornness and stinkyness and strength? Yeah. :lol:
Baxter had all the health problems @oldhenlikesdogs mentioned except Cushings. I still love them though. I call them big Boston Terriers and Boston Terriers are little Boxers.

he was a kind boss and was very gentle with smaller animals.
IMG_4569.JPG

Well...besides the health problems and stubbornness and stinkyness and strength? Yeah. :lol:
Baxter had all the health problems @oldhenlikesdogs mentioned except Cushings. I still love them though. I call them big Boston Terriers and Boston Terriers are little Boxers.
Yes besides that LOL do they stink? And I don’t find strength a con cause as long as they’re trained, it doesn’t really matter either way. Brew is extremely strong lol thankfully he’s a good boy :D

And hmm interesting! I can’t decide which I want LOL both!?

Back
Top Bottom