Do you like Boxers!? Do you own one!?

• Total voters
Pics
I've never been attacked by one, and I have owned one before, but I still don't like them. I'll just come out and say I'm scared of them. Alot of people though when I tell them that think what you said. They either think I've had a traumatic experience with them or I just need to get used to them. Which ends with the same result: them thinking they're gonna "get me used to them and make me love them". I don't have a problem with them if they lay there nicely or walk calmly by me. But even that's a stretch for me. I wouldn't have a problem if it was my own dog, but you never know what other people's dogs may do. So that's a bit of where I come from with it.
Is it all dogs, all big dogs, or just boxers that scare you?

It's mostly BYBs, IMO, since it's banned in most European countries, and in the US the show ring demands both
Hmm probably true but I have found some show breeders leaving ears since most puppies won’t be going to show homes. That or working breeders breeding imports with the natural look and/or for working ability rather than looks. So not all BYBs. It IS possible to find good breeders leaving them natural, it’s just harder. Also, the ears CAN be left natural, at least according to the AKC, it’s just that cropped is preferred in the show ring. But it’s not a disqualification.

Hmm that’s interesting! I do like the natural look especially the floppy ears lol but I’ve noticed some leave the ears and just do the tail which I wouldn’t mind.
I never crop ears, but prefer the tail docked. Boxers do too much butt wagging and that tail would be dangerous and get damaged easily.

They're such a funny pair :love
I was gone all day. You think they missed me?

Right now:
They are so dumb.
PXL_20231219_002649564.jpg

Hmm probably true but I have found some show breeders leaving ears since most puppies won’t be going to show homes. That or working breeders breeding imports with the natural look and/or for working ability rather than looks. So not all BYBs. It IS possible to find good breeders leaving them natural, it’s just harder. Also, the ears CAN be left natural, at least according to the AKC, it’s just that cropped is preferred in the show ring. But it’s not a disqualification.
I don't think ears get cropped until around 12 weeks, so most breeders don't crop them unless they think they are show prospects.

Back
Top Bottom