Brabanters and Spitzhaubens--The Differences PIC HEAVY!

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about Owl Beards?? I went to the Newnan show today & a lady told me that there are NO Owl Beards in the US. That the person selling eggs on ebay is actually selling Brabanters that don't have crests. Anyone have any ideas on this??? Please advise. ANYONE???????

Last edited:
I have decided to start a breeding project for correct spitzhaubens. I will be buying quality stock of gold spangled and chamois. Other than proper crests and combs, anything else I should be shooting for? Does anyone have a copy of a spitzhauben standard?

I have decided to start a breeding project for correct spitzhaubens. I will be buying quality stock of gold spangled and chamois. Other than proper crests and combs, anything else I should be shooting for? Does anyone have a copy of a spitzhauben standard?
There is a very active SSpitzhauben club. You should be able to find the information there. The silvers are the best type.

Walt

That chick is growing a crest just a small one. I pushed back the crest on one my other birds and she had an even bigger set of horns. Doubtful that I got two roos probably doesn't mean anything about sex.

I was wondering if they washed them too. It is possible that the hens lay in nest boxes that catch the eggs... Anyway it will only take a week to see if they begin developing. I sure hope they do because the eggs are awesome. I will keep everyone up to date with how things work out. Keep your fingers crossed.
No luck with the eggs... Seller is replacing them for me and this time I will pick them up. He has roll away nest boxes which explains why they were so clean. I feel confident that the guy is for real after speaking with him on the phone. He has been super helpful and very responsive. Picking the eggs up tomorrow. Fingers crossed for better luck this time around. I will keep you informed.

Back
Top Bottom