Brahma Breeders thread

Pics
I use ROO sometimes. Its just shorter to type when you're typing alot. And for the record, just because I'm a "newbie" to BYC doesn't mean I'm new to chickens, hahaha
D.gif

If a dark breeds with a buff, will that create gold lace?

I would imagine the pullets would look on the order of this, if the male was a buff.

If the male is a dark, like this.

The cockerels from either combination should appear silver with brassy trim.

Last edited:
Well so far this year I have not gotten nearly the number of light Brahmas as I wanted. Fourteen so far and if all nine in the bator hatch 23. Was hoping for at least fifty. On the bright side I have over fifty buff Brahmas. Hopefully what I did manage to hatch out for the lights will have decent type.

Tim I have a quick question for you. Next year I might add bantam dark Brahmas to my collection and wanted to get your opinion on something. I know the bantams are obviously much smaller than the LF, but I also know that they are some of the larger bantams. Have you ever tried butchering your extra male birds for meat? Is it worth it? I just don't want to get into bantams just to find out that I'll get stuck with most of the males in the end because the culls will serve no real use.

Not like a cornish bantam, but okay for butchering culls. Another plus for Bantam Brahmas is they lay a very large egg.

Back
Top Bottom