Brahmas

Jeez!! I'd be scared of those!

They would have weighed a bit less as table birds, but trust me, a few were bigger than the turkeys (fresh or frozen) for sale for Thanksgiving that year. And those boys were pretty cool. If I only had them to base Rooster behavior on, I'd have a lot of roosters! Brahmas take forever to mature and start crowing (at least these guys did - none were crowing yet and were approximately 5-6m old in December).

My Light Brahmas are huge! The hens are a bit taller than the my RIR but they are way heavier.

The Light Brahma roosters are the same height as my dog 2 ft tall and are about 13-15 pounds but I read they can get up to 18 pounds.

My Light Brahmas are huge! The hens are a bit taller than the my RIR but they are way heavier.

The Light Brahma roosters are the same height as my dog 2 ft tall and are about 13-15 pounds but I read they can get up to 18 pounds.

Soooooo... I am raising 2 brahma hens in our little mixed flock...and just NOW found out how big they'll get!!! :eek: My neighbor says we should sell admission tickets for people to come up our mountain to see them, lol. I am a little concerned that they will scare our 5 year old twin nephews. I've heard they are slow growers though? How long does it take for them to reach these large sizes?

Soooooo... I am raising 2 brahma hens in our little mixed flock...and just NOW found out how big they'll get!!! :eek: My neighbor says we should sell admission tickets for people to come up our mountain to see them, lol. I am a little concerned that they will scare our 5 year old twin nephews. I've heard they are slow growers though? How long does it take for them to reach these large sizes?

About 2 years to get to their fully mature size/weight/height.

I just purchased my first 5 Light Brahmas. I'm super excited. Lol it was actually the videos you speak of that attracted me to this breed. I think they are beautiful and would be a very fun and rewarding experience on our little farm. Also have been thinking of breeding and selling since they are uncommon in my area.

Ours are almost a year now. We had them shipped to us as day old chicks. We’ve hand feed them, held them a lot and our daughter has grown up with chickens so she isn’t scared. They are sweet by nature. My favorite Brahma roo, Shoulders, comes running up to us and let’s us pick him up. I think because everytime I hold him he gets special things.

The hens are growing a lot slower than the roos. We bought 6 but got 7. 4 ended up roos and 3 were hens. They don’t fight each other. 2 went to a new home and we are trying to find a home for 1 other roo.

Our daughter is about the same height as them, she’s almost 2. She tries to pick them up, loves feeding and petting them. They are so sweet to her. Just a really great breed.

I just purchased my first 5 Light Brahmas. I'm super excited. Lol it was actually the videos you speak of that attracted me to this breed. I think they are beautiful and would be a very fun and rewarding experience on our little farm. Also have been thinking of breeding and selling since they are uncommon in my area.

They are a very popular breed. Our area doesn’t have them but people are willing to buy them. And they are such a sweet breed. Once we find a home for our RIR and 1 Brahma roo. Im going to breed and sell them.

I’m keeping my favorite Brahma roo. It pays to become my favorite haha.

Back
Top Bottom