Brakel (and related breeds) Thread

You will have some work to do on the wings on both sexes,the combs on the hens and the saddles on the roosters.
(As far as I can see,at least)

What is the weight of the birds?The hens seem a little skinny.

thay are in my home before 3 months,now thay looks much better.I dont know the weight.At first they were very timid,now already more trusting.I try not to stress them.

Yeah,this hen is the European champion Silver hen.
At the Europashow she had 97 points ,but i really think that is to much,her tail is way to high .
And I find her to white,but that is personal.

That is the thing you have to have with Brakels,patience ,and lots of it
wink.png

If you have the possibility always go to shows,at least you can compare your birds with others.

I am still in love with my rooster,he is so lovely
love.gif

Hi All!
We have Gold Brakels here in the U.S. We got ours from Greenfire Farms before they lost their flock to a bobcat. As far as I know, only us and one other breeder in Southern California have any of the remaining stock from Greenfire. We have been working together for 2 years and have not intermingled any of the stock in order to try and keep some genetic diversity for folks interested in the breed's conservation. They are lovely birds, very sweet. Mine are a bit flighty only when I move quickly, but equally as fast at moving right back to my feet. :) They are excellent foragers and well suited to life here on our farm. They are exceptional layers and darn near every egg we incubate just pops right out of the egg. They are definitely a strong breed! Here are some pics of our birds! We are getting ready to release some on Rarebreedauctions.com in a few weeks. I'd love to see more folks get a hold of these amazing beauties! :)

Hi, these are gorgeous. Do you sell hatching eggs? I live in the uk and I can't find any! Thank you

Note:Viewing European standards those Golden Brakels aren't the best,there is a good amount of work to get better birds out of these ones.

Back
Top Bottom