Breed & sex of these white chickens?

Lagniappe Alpacas

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 1, 2011
Somerset, Virginia
I ordered a brown layer assortment and roos were included for packing.The breeds are listed below that were in the assortment .They are about 7 weeks old. Boy or girl and what breed? Thanks for your help.

This is the last of the bunch for now.

Breeds that could be included in this assortment are: Golden Buff, White Rock, Barred Rock, Speckled Sussex, Rhode Island Red, Black Australorp, Buff Orpington, Delaware, New Hampshire Rd, Black Jersey Giant, Silver & Golden Laced Wyandotte, Dominique, Columbian Wyandotte, Dark Cornish, Light Brahma, Partridge Rock.

I've been told that they're roosters then I've been told they hens... This has been going on for a while now.. I just want to know. There is a obvious difference between the chickens in the pics, but every time I google RIR hens I get a chicken with a big comb and waddle.. The chicken were peeps when purchased.. I assuming there all the same breed. approximately 11-12 weeks old.. The ones with small combs
are hens and the one with combs are roosters??

At only seven weeks old and combs as big as they are already they look like White Leghorns to me, but they could be White Rocks. None of the other breeds you listed are solid white.

No Leghorn that I am familiar with has red earlobes. So I must vote for White Rocks. I also hope that you are prepared to buy eggs to stuff for Turkey Day dinner. I doubt that these bad boys will be laying anything but big old goose eggs. ZEROS that is.

Anyone sure about females in this group? I have 8 of these white chickens. I had 8 roos packed in with my 16 (3 EE and 13 brown layer assortment ) female only order. Would that be too much of a coincidence?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom