Breed & sex of these white chickens?

Those are white leghorns. I have two females, and both had very large combs like this at a very young age. I love mine so far. They are a little flightier than my Rhode Island Red, but settling down nicely at 20 weeks. They have started laying an egg a day, and I understand they are very prolific, producing up to 300 eggs per year. I'm really enjoying mine!

I agree with everyone that says they are white leghorn roosters, my grand parents raised thousands of them over the years, they had 14 children to feed

I ordered a brown layer assortment and roos were included for packing.The breeds are listed below that were in the assortment .They are about 7 weeks old. Boy or girl and what breed? Thanks for your help. This is the last of the bunch for now. Breeds that could be included in this assortment are: Golden Buff, White Rock, Barred Rock, Speckled Sussex, Rhode Island Red, Black Australorp, Buff Orpington, Delaware, New Hampshire Rd, Black Jersey Giant, Silver & Golden Laced Wyandotte, Dominique, Columbian Wyandotte, Dark Cornish, Light Brahma, Partridge Rock.
kinda looks like white leghorns to me

My nephew neighbor has whit rock and i was looking at them sunday and that is more qhat they look like just like these and his are white rocks there is a different in boby shape from white leghorns.

I've been told that they're roosters then I've been told they hens... This has been going on for a while now.. I just want to know. There is a obvious difference between the chickens in the pics, but every time I google RIR hens I get a chicken with a big comb and waddle.. The chicken were peeps when purchased.. I assuming there all the same breed. approximately 11-12 weeks old.. The ones with small combs
are hens and the one with combs are roosters??

I've been told that they're roosters then I've been told they hens... This has been going on for a while now.. I just want to know. There is a obvious difference between the chickens in the pics, but every time I google RIR hens I get a chicken with a big comb and waddle.. The chicken were peeps when purchased.. I assuming there all the same breed. approximately 11-12 weeks old.. The ones with small combs are hens and the one with combs are roosters??
The bird front left is a pullet, front right is a cockerel and back is a pullet

Any bird with a big red comb by 10 weeks old is a rooster. Sorry, but girls don't get their red combs until about 14 to 18 weeks old. The RIR up front with the red comb is a boy.
I've been told that they're roosters then I've been told they hens... This has been going on for a while now.. I just want to know. There is a obvious difference between the chickens in the pics, but every time I google RIR hens I get a chicken with a big comb and waddle.. The chicken were peeps when purchased.. I assuming there all the same breed. approximately 11-12 weeks old.. The ones with small combs are hens and the one with combs are roosters??

Yep the bird in the frint middle in a roo bird on left and right are hens nice looking RIRs i have three the same age and about the same size one roo and two hens and then i have 29other RIRs just turned 4weeks old yesterday all pullets.

Back
Top Bottom