breeding 55 Flowery Leghorns

The silvers I ended up with were just different. The down color was a different shade. More brown than red and it had bits of silver.

The silvers I ended up with were just different. The down color was a different shade. More brown than red and it had bits of silver.

So even that cockerel that had yellow down is a gold base? Here's a clean shot of him near one the the one of the light chipmunk down. The yellow down chick is at the far right front and the light chipmunk down cockerel is at the far left.

Last edited:
I am still thinking he is gold. This is the silver base I ended up with.
the very yellow chick on the right is silver.

It could be lighting on yours too, watch his feathering and see if he turns a different shade then the other 2.
So even that cockerel that had yellow down is a gold base? Here's a clean shot of him near one the the one of the light chipmunk down. The yellow down chick is at the far right front and the light chipmunk down cockerel is at the far left.

I am still thinking he is gold. This is the silver base I ended up with.the very yellow chick on the right is silver.

I am still thinking he is gold. This is the silver base I ended up with.the very yellow chick on the right is silver.

It could be lighting on yours too, watch his feathering and see if he turns a different shade then the other 2.

Thanks for posting your trios. Yes, your silver cockerel is really white and grayish.

I'll keep my fingers crossed, these are only the flight feathers.

Thanks for posting your trios.  Yes, your silver cockerel is really white and grayish.  

I'll keep my fingers crossed, these are only the flight feathers.
I suspect the only reason I got a free female as because I had my ship date set for 1/30. They were 2 weeks late on sending them.

CJ, Your chickens are close to mature now, right? What are their temperaments and personalities like? GFF gave me a 20% coupon to use within 30 days and I'm trying to decide if I should order some more and hopefully get some silvers.

Back
Top Bottom