BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

Sad faces here at our place today. Sorta' had a death in the family. Jason bought himself a brand new 3500HD Dually that he really loves but I think he's feeling a little less love for it now as he accidentally killed Ariel's 'pet' Heeler pup this morning.

It wasn't anyone's fault, just an accident. Ariel was out with the pup (7 months old) that she had turned into a companion/house dog and he ran under the back wheels as Jason was heading out to pick up some stuff. The pup had the common habit of most Heelers of grabbing at tires and I guess he caught a good hold and got flung under the vehicle.

I wish he'd taken the old 'beater' 3 cylinder car that we generally use for such busy work but I understand a young man wanting to drive that shiny toy into town on this sunny morning.

I feel better getting it off my chest...thanks for 'listening'.
I am sorry to hear about the loss of the Pup!

Sad faces here at our place today. Sorta' had a death in the family. Jason bought himself a brand new 3500HD Dually that he really loves but I think he's feeling a little less love for it now as he accidentally killed Ariel's 'pet' Heeler pup this morning.

It wasn't anyone's fault, just an accident. Ariel was out with the pup (7 months old) that she had turned into a companion/house dog and he ran under the back wheels as Jason was heading out to pick up some stuff. The pup had the common habit of most Heelers of grabbing at tires and I guess he caught a good hold and got flung under the vehicle.

I wish he'd taken the old 'beater' 3 cylinder car that we generally use for such busy work but I understand a young man wanting to drive that shiny toy into town on this sunny morning.

My dad has done that twice to mom's dogs.

An Uncle of mine did that with 4 or 5 German Short hair bird dogs--mostly dropping them out on the highway though--not chained into the back...Was not the law back then so he did not bother.

That is so sad. I hope your son isn't beating himself up too badly. What a heartbreaking way to start the day.

SO sad. Sorry to hear. Hope he can forgive himself quickly.

Last Saturday I was backing out and ran over our old dog. She has gotten in the habit of judging just how close a car can get without her having to move. This time she figured she could lay perfectly BETWEEN my tires! I just clipped her leg, but it was scary to suddenly hear whimpering under the car!

Glad to report she is still barking incessantly at neighbors she has known her whole life.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words and condolences.

Jason feels bad but most of all for his sister's loss. We're all used to loss and death and will spring back pretty quickly. Jason did take the corpse out to the black walnut grove and buried him and that soothed Ariel's mind because she loves that area of the farm.. It was a loss because we were all attached to him but Ariel doted on him and her's is the greater pain.

There's no shortage of dogs around here but no actual puppies. She really likes one of the hybrid Heeler/Caucasian youngsters that is about a year old. I hope to hell she don't drag his hairy butt into the house!

fl.gif

Oh heck! Spring is here and ya all got to have something started. Whos got what cookin in the bators? I have some 1 to 2 week old bielefelder chicks coming and a couple of dozen hatching eggs for another breed in mid april for both. I just bought a new hovabator incubator and am ready to fire it up. I am culling 6 speckled sussex and I am done with this breed. Moving on with different ideas. Northern Michigan still has some snow on the ground in spots and in the woods as yet. We need a couple more good weeks of warming temps. The good news is the birds are out in their runs enoying!

Oh heck! Spring is here and ya all got to have something started. Whos got what cookin in the bators? I have some 1 to 2 week old bielefelder chicks coming and a couple of dozen hatching eggs for another breed in mid april for both. I just bought a new hovabator incubator and am ready to fire it up. I am culling 6 speckled sussex and I am done with this breed. Moving on with different ideas. Northern Michigan still has some snow on the ground in spots and in the woods as yet. We need a couple more good weeks of warming temps. The good news is the birds are out in their runs enoying!
I have

Pita Pinta
White Bresse
Arkansas Blue egg layers
Penesesenca x Arkansas blue egg layer OEs

in the incubator.

I have blue laced red wyandottes in the incubator, a GQF styrofoam model. I have 11 BLRW in the brooder, along with some bantam cochins from the feedstore, bought to keep the first hatch company, and maybe be broodies next year. Both BLRW pullets are in the "broody breaking" cages this week.
Peach trees, plums, redbuds are blooming here, tomatoes transplanted into the garden, and the Great Pyrenees have had their first haircut of the season, preparing for hot weather just around the corner.
Best wishes,
Angela

Hot weather just around the corner. I'm not at all jealous:mad: . I liked the BLRWs and had good luck with them. Pretty darned good egg layers also I might add! I surely like cochins but just dont have a game plan for any with our set up. We are planting some fruit trees this year and definitely some garden vegetables as well. Cant wait to sink my teeth into a nice fresh home grown tomato thats not hot house grown. Best wishes to you all also!

Back
Top Bottom