BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

Quote: When I grazed my sheep in the rotational fashtion I coule SEE the difference in productivity of growth of the pasture. THe pasture floruished better, and it was evenly grazed by the sheep. Some of that was management -- hold another few hours if needd then moved. Worked really well. I miss that flat land pasture-- we moved an now live in the woods on a slope. Totally different now.

The renovations to the building that has been re-purposed for SOP projects will be getting it's first guests soon! Because the building is about 300 yards from our production houses and is surrounded with 4' poultry fencing, it's the ideal spot to keep the 100 plus Austra-whites from Cackle Hatchery. I'm actually a bit anxious to see them. My son doesn't know it yet but I intend to use one of my purloined Black Australorp cocks over two or three of the better pullets.

RON jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highfive.gif

The renovations to the building that has been re-purposed for SOP projects will be getting it's first guests soon! Because the building is about 300 yards from our production houses and is surrounded with 4' poultry fencing, it's the ideal spot to keep the 100 plus Austra-whites from Cackle Hatchery. I'm actually a bit anxious to see them. My son doesn't know it yet but I intend to use one of my purloined Black Australorp cocks over two or three of the better pullets.

RON jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaja !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So exciting. I hope that you share some pictures of your buildings. And of course the chickens :) If you cross the black over white what colors will you get?

So exciting. I hope that you share some pictures of your buildings. And of course the chickens :) If you cross the black over white what colors will you get?
Should certainly get solids in black and white plus various mixtures of black and white.

Jason is planning a video of the whole operation, including the abattoir and processing plant.

The last will be shown over my dead body! He tells me that the vid. should be abut 5 minutes long but he tells friends

he's thinking of something like 30 minutes, to show every part of both inside and outside the buildings...

That's too long to hold anyone's interest, especially mine. I know I can not prevent him from posting

it under his own account (which I'm SURE he has) but I can ask him to consider the shock that some

of the footage of the 'prep' areas could cause... It's not a bloody mess or anything like that but it does

have ominous looking machinery that some might find macabre.

Quote: Well if he does post it I would be interested in watching it. As for the equipment......its a farm that processes meat. I would not find it squeamish but perhaps that is because I have processed chickens & turkeys before. I used to live in amish country when I was a kid so I have never been squeamish about stuff like that......maybe 24 years in EMS helps to lol

Ron-- if he is determined to post it-- their is a good thread in the meat Etc section that would welcome it-- many are into learning despite the macabre atmosphere.

I can remember the years in which DH could not drive the lambe to BLoods for processing.. I only went tot he drop off point to unload. THen at some point I needed to talk to "Tom"-- and that brought me into the "business end" of the processdings. I kept my eyes averted, only looking at the humans working-- I was hard pressed that day to hold it together . . . still not easy butI can process my own now.

It's a process . . .
lau.gif

Ron-- if he is determined to post it-- their is a good thread in the meat Etc section that would welcome it-- many are into learning despite the macabre atmosphere.

I can remember the years in which DH could not drive the lambe to BLoods for processing.. I only went tot he drop off point to unload. THen at some point I needed to talk to "Tom"-- and that brought me into the "business end" of the processdings. I kept my eyes averted, only looking at the humans working-- I was hard pressed that day to hold it together . . . still not easy butI can process my own now.

It's a process . . .
lau.gif
Surely you can't be serious???
gig.gif
He will post it right here. He wants me to 'narrate' the thing as he films me showing the place. Not going to happen!

Can't you just see it? " OK folks, (as I point) over here is where the cull chickens get run through the grinder". Besides, he abd I both would be laughing so hard, people would think we're on HASH...
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom